Am I Sad???

niko said:
, than there is a rule everywhere: you can use second lane ( third, forth ... etc ) only if first lane ( or next to that lane ) is full or if first lane moving slower than maximum allowed speed, then you allowed to use next lane to take over and again came back to first lane after taking over.

There are exeptions, when approching or on a roundabout for example. But Ashleys case doesn't qualify.
Also prepositioning is an exeption, but not 3km before the split as this one does:

Last edited by a moderator:
Feitelijk said:
Ashley_E said:
I had just overtaken a slow moving vehicle, and there was heavy traffic coming up behind. Needed the right hand lane to turn right at the roundabout and never want a last minute lane change.

You're blocking the traffic behind you for 35 seconds and then there's another 530 yards till the roundabout? That's not a last minute change, that's rookie driving. And then you're "complaining" about another driver pulling out to the left?
Sounds a bit hypocrite to me, no offence.
Nope none taken. Wasnt holding anybody up. Maintained the gap to the car behind. Im not stupid :roll:

Didn't read most of the thread but I can imagine people think it's sad if you're in an entourage where nobody has dashcams, or even really know such thing exists outside of cop cars. Most people I know didn't really know about dashcams until hearing about the meteorite being captured mostly from them.
I would think it's sad if someone I knew walked around his house with a helmet cam on for example. :)

Ashley_E said:
Feitelijk said:
Ashley_E said:
I had just overtaken a slow moving vehicle, and there was heavy traffic coming up behind. Needed the right hand lane to turn right at the roundabout and never want a last minute lane change.

You're blocking the traffic behind you for 35 seconds and then there's another 530 yards till the roundabout? That's not a last minute change, that's rookie driving. And then you're "complaining" about another driver pulling out to the left?
Sounds a bit hypocrite to me, no offence.
Nope none taken. Wasnt holding anybody up. Maintained the gap to the car behind. Im not stupid :roll:

Did you know there will be a new law in the UK where you're not supposed to drive on 2nd/3rd/4th lane for at least 1/2 mile or more when the 1st lane is empty?

If not, then you will need to change your driving style to reflect it (unless there is an junction coming up in less than half mile).

you never need a dashcam until you really, really need a dashcam.
**** happens, just you will never know when.
time is the most valuable property in your life, and this little thing can save you from the mess.
it's sad that they never know, not you.

Tokai said:
**** happens, just you will never know when.
**** doesn't just happen, it is created by an asshole!

:D

No, not always.
Have you ever seen how serious damage could be caused by an accident with a deer or a wild pig?
If it escapes afterwards its sometimes hard to prove the insurance that this was not a hit and run or something else. There is not always blood or other things of evidence left. Or in the case you try to avoid an accident and turning to the side because the damage is less than running into a 50-60 Kg pig ;) .
I for myself was running in a deer some years ago, speed was not more than 30Km/h, it was in a sharp turn. Afterwards front spoiler and lamps have been damaged. Police found a single hair left at the bumper so it was proven that it was a deer.
If I had a dashcam at this time it would have been much easier to prove what happens.

In that case there is nobody that you can claim an asshole (except yourself while driving with not enough caution :p ).

For accidents with other cars I agree, at least one of the drivers is usually acting like an asshole.. :D :D :D

Regards

Big animals are rare here but many accidents are caused by other road users or cyclists who then deny they are at fault.

accident maker aways deny it has him the trouble maker.

it´s classical.

also on brasil we have people who cause accident and them run away.

Ashley_E said:
Northernlanes said:
You might not agree but I thought the Punto's driving was acceptable, certainly seen far worse every day

Completely agree that there is far worse. I have said in m0y commentsvthat this video was morevof an experiment with vid editing software than anything else. But she did jump the red light. And could have moved out sooner.

In actual fact, the white van, the silver car on its nearside AND the punto all broke the rules as laid down in the highway code - on amber, you must stop at the white line...
They were all going slow enough to have stopped safely.
Sadly, too many people see the amber as 'slow down & prepare to stop'

Back