Ambarella A7LA85

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
So I noticed in @niko's post this morning that the new Datakam G5-Duo Pro is using an Ambarella A7LA85.

I'd not noticed this one before so just had a quick look - and in a nutshell this is what I found:

The A7LA70 has 1080p 60fps, limited dual channel sensor support, and no Wi-Fi.
The A7LA75 has 1080p 60fps, Wi-Fi but couldn't do dual channels.
The A7LA85 has 1080p 60fps, Wi-Fi and as the Datakam is using Sony Exmor sensors it suggests better sensor support.

Does anyone else know much more about these?

They seem to be limited still to 1080p 30fps across both channels but looks like they can all drive 60fps through just one channel or up to 3Mp @ 30fps.

It can't be that much longer now until someone figures out to get a way around the heat and releases a 4k camera!

Can't wait to get my hands on 4k.
But then I have to buy a 4k TV or monitor. ;)

Can't wait to get my hands on 4k.
But then I have to buy a 4k TV or monitor. ;)
Not so keen on 4K at the moment, like you said no point when you have no 4k TV or monitor to view it. It's like having Blu-ray movie and Blu-ray player, but only connecting to an old low-res CRT TV :D

The 85 is the top model, I don't think anyone has actually used it yet, I would think some of what they've announced is speculative and will take some time to happen, if at all, the SDK isn't quite there yet, that's an Ambarella issue though not a Datakam one

To anyone that's not familiar these guys have by far extracted the most functionality out of any Ambarella based product, they've done some very cool stuff with the platform already

Back