And you think slow trucks are annoying? Backroad traffic in SE Ohio (Amish area)

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many

I thought the buggy was going slowly since it was a slight uphill, but after watching a few of them in this somewhat hill area, I think the horse slows down or is slowed down a long way before coming to the intersection.
I was watching some of them starting down a downgrade, and they slow down to shuffle.

I guess the feet are the primary brakes?
:)

I noticed a couple of things in that clip:

1) Failure to stop at the stop sign at 1:10.
2) Horse appears to have a leak at 0:07. ;)

Look at the tire tracks in the intersection,someone was braking hard.:)

Think of the 'crap' as an early warning device. Seriously!

Most Amish areas have plenty of highway warning signs to watch out for the buggies, but the best warning sign is horse crap in the road. :)

It just occurred to me that if you're paid by the mile situations like this definitely hurt your hourly rate. :(

Just one buggy, you say?
I was stuck behind these guys for about 15 minutes. But I managed to keep my tyres clean.

It seems these quaint buggies get run over by cars or trucks pretty often. I don't understand why?

I see some mention on the internet that it is legal to pass slow Amish buggies in Ohio, in no passing zones, but he had a passing zone a few seconds ahead.

If you notice the horse lurch right as he passes. I'm not sure if it was the driver of the buggy moving it right, or the horse freaking out?

Most horses are OK being passed, just approach slowly and keep the engine steady at low revs. That tucker didn't give a damn. Hope the few seconds he saved made him feel good.

I'm sure the buggy driver would be excused for swearing in the circumstances.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

At least the kids are friendly. :)

I saw a lot of pretty small amish kids walking to school this morning.

boy.JPG

Reminds me when I was a kid, and had to walk to first grade and back in the snow, uphill, both ways. Those 3 blocks seemed to be miles.
:)

Back