Another fake G1W - Ebay seller - okletsgoo

Inside my Fake G1W from okletsgoo , I never bothered to take out the board to check the chip as I know it is not the proper one
so much for a 500mAh battery , a 150 wont last long lol

DSC01260_zpscf17cad1.jpg

DSC01261_zps234b16a4.jpg

150 is about the size normally used in these, optimistic to promote it at 500 but I guess they count on the fact that most people would never check anyway

Inside my Fake G1W from okletsgoo , I never bothered to take out the board to check the chip as I know it is not the proper one
so much for a 500mAh battery , a 150 wont last long lol

Totally different from the one I received - my mainboard had GT200 stamped on it and photos also had the camera listed as GT200. The lens was held in with 2 screws :) but was out of focus :( and they had put superglue on the threads :mad:

I wonder what a real G1W reports as the camera model under properties/details...?

Totally different from the one I received - my mainboard had GT200 stamped on it and photos also had the camera listed as GT200. The lens was held in with 2 screws :) but was out of focus :( and they had put superglue on the threads :mad:

I wonder what a real G1W reports as the camera model under properties/details...?

Just to check I took a photo with it and checked the properties with the PC , Camera Model - DSC Turnkey , half the right of video and pics is pretty well out of focus.

Title:NOVATEK CAMERA
Subject:NOVATEK CAMERA
Camera Maker:Novatek
Camera Model:96650

The seller dreamlover2013 from eBay is the same as "eseller009" He is located in Los Angeles. I bought three original G1W cameras from that seller. The quality is great.
here is listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/291026642255

Au contraire ... BEWARE of the ebay sellers "eseller009" / "dreamlover2013". I purchased the G1W camera from eseller009 in Sept 2014 - about 9 months later, I began having problems with it (battery). After going back and forth with "eseller009" I gave up on a replacement and purchased the capacitor model, unknowingly, from the same person "dreamlover2013" in Sept 2015 and within a month or so, I again, began having problems. Any request I made to have it replaced was always challenged with a canned "try a different this", "try a different that". When I asked for a refund, they ceased to respond. April 2016, and I've still received my refund or a response and had to ask Paypal to get involved. (As a side note, I also purchased the scam "squaredeal" option the last time - which has also failed to respond.)

the format is listed as AVI, the original version is MOV

Thanks for quick reply! I spoke to seller today about that but he said it has both Novatek 96650 with AR0330 plus HDMI port. There's very similar offering on his site in basically the same price: http://smartcams.pl/sklep/glowna/21-kamera-samochodowa-jse-g1wh.html

What do you think? Are that both fakes/low specs? I already ordered that G1WC linked 2 posts above and don't know if I should cancel the order.

I guess I'll just get it and see how it works. Got 14 days to return it without a reason anyways so. Hope I won't forget to record few samples and take pics when it arrives. Thanks for help jokiin!

Definitely wrong chip g1w.

BTW, just because DCT bitrate calculater doesn't have it, doesn't mean it is bad sign.
There are other dashcams that can record over 25mbps and even over 34mbps like Yi.

Sunny you say "wrong" chip - does that mean when I open it, it'll be something different than Novatek 96650 and AR0330?

Sunny you say "wrong" chip - does that mean when I open it, it'll be something different than Novatek 96650 and AR0330?
My reply was to original poster.

Thanks for quick reply! I spoke to seller today about that but he said it has both Novatek 96650 with AR0330 plus HDMI port. There's very similar offering on his site in basically the same price: http://smartcams.pl/sklep/glowna/21-kamera-samochodowa-jse-g1wh.html

What do you think? Are that both fakes/low specs? I already ordered that G1WC linked 2 posts above and don't know if I should cancel the order.
Beware of this one. If the screenshots are from that camera, and I have no reason to believe they aren't because of the Polish number plates, that time stamp is not the typical time stamp from a Novatek based G1W-H. It looks like the GeneralPlus chipset's version.

Okay lads, got the package today. Here's some pics. Looks okay but the paper specs, hm... Can't really test it yet as my car's on a maintenance right now. I hope I'll be able to post video(s) later this week.
Unboxing gallery: http://picsurge.com/g/Lfc4AM

Back