Another fake G1W - Ebay seller - okletsgoo

Okay lads, got the package today. Here's some pics. Looks okay but the paper specs, hm... Can't really test it yet as my car's on a maintenance right now. I hope I'll be able to post video(s) later this week.
Unboxing gallery: http://picsurge.com/g/Lfc4AM
You can take videos without a car to see if it's real or not.

A new, fully charged battery should be good to up to 5 minutes of recording in 1080p. That's more than enough to shoot some sample videos (you only need 10 or 15 seconds to check the picture and audio quality) and to know the file's properties. If it doesn't last that long, I don't think the rest of the camera is even worth checking out.

Looks legit but I'm not sure if it has a Novatek chipset. That time stamp is familiar and I've seen it on another Novatek-based cameras, but never on a G1W.
Here's the MediaInfo file specs:

General
Complete name : D:\Videos\Vários\2016_0907_221502_001.MOV
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 0000.00 (qt )
File size : 26.6 MiB
Duration : 17 s 0 ms
Overall bit rate : 13.1 Mb/s
Movie_More : CarDV-TURNKEY
Encoded date : UTC 2016-09-07 22:15:18
Tagged date : UTC 2016-09-07 22:15:18
Origin : NVT-IM

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 11.9 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.191
Stream size : 24.0 MiB (90%)
Language : English

Audio
ID : 2
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Little
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Codec ID : sowt
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 512 kb/s
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 32.0 kHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 1.04 MiB (4%)
Language : English

Video specs looks okay, right? Any way to check if it's really Novatek 96650 other than disassembling the camera? It's sealed so getting inside will likely void the 12-month warranty.

If video property has 1920 x 1080p at 30 fps, it is nt96650.

Video details say it's 30 fps at 1080p. Weird stamps could be because of the version (Polish language) maybe? Menus look like this:

imgur.com/a/EU5tn
imgur.com/a/rCvkZ

Video details say it's 30 fps at 1080p. Weird stamps could be because of the version (Polish language) maybe? Menus look like this:

imgur.com/a/EU5tn
imgur.com/a/rCvkZ
No, the time stamp's font type and size doesn't change if you select a different menu language. Anyway, it doesn't matter that much because @jokiin already confirmed that it's a Novatek chipset, the menus are the typical Novatek ones, it records in Full HD and the files are MOV, so you have nothing to worry about, not even that the time stamp's font type is different from the "normal" G1Ws. My camera is also a Novatek/Aptina combo and has the same font type, just with a different color and position on the screen. To be honest, I like that font more than the other one. It's more discreet. :)

JSE CDR-157 G1WC vids:

I think it looks okay considering yt quality downgrade.

Last edited:
I watched the videos only in 480p (my work laptop stutters a lot in HD) but from what I saw it's definitely not a fake. It washes out the sky a little when the sun is in front of the lens but it has more to do with how the auto-exposure is tuned. In any case, I think you'd rather see a white sky and everything clear below than a blue sky and everything rather dark below, like in some cameras with the same hardware.

Btw, "nice" parking jobs between o:41 and 0:53 in the daytime video. ;)

So this doesn't look like a capacitor, does it...

1DHQi4a.jpg

M1CH bought what was purported to be a "G1WC" and from the pics it's clear that it's not. This isn't the first time a scam like this has been seen here on DCT. I hope they can get it resolved quickly and easily, but if they bought direct from a Chinese mega-store they're out of luck this far along in time.

Phil

Back