Another Mobius Rival - The Dimika Action Cam

Like loop recording? If there is no "delay", would be cool~

Or taking a long-time-video?

Like loop recording? If there is no "delay", would be cool~

Or taking a long-time-video?

You asjing about Dimika loop rec or Pano2? If Pano2 then lets talk about it in Powerucc thread, otherwise it will get messy here ( Dimika thread )

You asjing about Dimika loop rec or Pano2? If Pano2 then lets talk about it in Powerucc thread, otherwise it will get messy here ( Dimika thread )
Thanks for your reminder. I just want to get some idea about the normal way the "motion detection" function works, absolutely including the DIMIKA right here in this thread.

Thanks for your reminder. I just want to get some idea about the normal way the "motion detection" function works, absolutely including the DIMIKA right here in this thread.

Usually with most other dash cams when motion is detected, then it starts revording for certain period which determined by firmware. Some records 10sec after motion is gone, some 30sec / 1min etc.
For Dimika motion det rec can be set up only via PC. Another words if you are on thr go and using normal rec mode then you will not be able to set it to motion det rec.

Usually with most other dash cams when motion is detected, then it starts revording for certain period which determined by firmware. Some records 10sec after motion is gone, some 30sec / 1min etc.
For Dimika motion det rec can be set up only via PC. Another words if you are on thr go and using normal rec mode then you will not be able to set it to motion det rec.

Only can be set up via PC? Sounds a little bit inconvenient...

I am also interested in the video quality for this mode, I personally prefer 1080P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read user manual

http://dimikacamera.com/dimika-user-manual/

Under "Motion detection video recording"

The motion-detection function can only be switched on/off via the configuration software (please refer to article 8 for configuration method). There is no extra button operation.

5.1 Tick the motion-detection in the software interface, and then Sync the configuration to the camera.

5.2 Turn on the camera then it will start to detect the motion. You don’t need to press the shutter button.

5.3 When the camera captures mobile objects within 3 meters, it will start to record a 10-second-long video, and then save the file automatically, standby for next motion.

5.4 Once the motion detection function is on, the camera won’t be automatically power-off even there is no operation within 3 minutes.

5.5 To stop motion detection, please long press the power button, then the camera will be power-off.

I am a DIMIKA owner and very happy with it. I use it as a car dashcam and my normal operation is Motion Detection set to ON, Loop Recording 3Mins. and Auto-Record set to ON. The camera is connected to a permanent (non-switched) external 5V power source.

With this settings the camera operates with motion detection and is recording while driving at the same time. Every three minutes a new file is saved to the micro sd card (also true when car is parked and motion is detected). There is no time gap between recordings while driving with Motion Detection ON.

When the car is parked and no more motion after three minutes the file is saved and camera goes into standby mode.
Just to clarify some info here.

I agree with @jokiin that competition can only be a good thing.

Here is another action camera that I think can be rival of mobius. HawKeye Firefly Q6. As we know that Firefly 6S is a very good actioncam, this Firefly Q6 has the same specs with 6S, but it's perfect for FPV.

Back