Another Mobius Rival - The Dimika Action Cam

bottom of the page linked DIMIKA™ is a product of Innotrends Limited would seem to support that

yes, saw that, but I am not that familiar how Innotrends Ltd can be ( maybe ) linked to #18, if so ?
Maybe somebody knows more?

competition can only be a good thing

... and a bad thing as well, as I mentioned earlier:

" ... Bad thing about competition is that many so called rivals will be cutting on production cost to beat rival product price and it leads to product lower quality ( bad for consumer ). "

... and a bad thing as well, as I mentioned earlier:

" ... Bad thing about competition is that many so called rivals will be cutting on production cost to beat rival product price and it leads to product lower quality ( bad for consumer ). "

that's price competition, the race to the bottom ends well well for nobody, manufacturer, supplier or customer

that's price competition, the race to the bottom ends well well for nobody, manufacturer, supplier or customer

unfortunately we never get rid off price competition, as we can see from nt96550+ar0330 dash camera series "story, for the past half year price went down from 150 to 70 for nearly same solution. At the end many ( some ) forum members started "fighting" on the forum writing long "novels" because of price 70 vs 72 usd ( thread where I tested 4 and 3 dash cams side by side ).
Price competition is good, but in many cases it can confuse un-educated buyer and he can get lost in choices.
So there are good and bad points when comes to competition.

I think when it comes to wasting days arguing and procrastinating over $2 that it's time to reassess ones life values

there's a lot of 'me too' product in the market and people will just buy what takes their fancy whether it comes from price or appearance when looking at this kind of stuff, the performance doesn't rank as highly for this kind of buyer I guess

Agree on this. Of course perfect scenario would be having both: talented R&D + good marketing. Mobius has passionate developers, but bad marketing sense with poor open vision, thats why they stucked with RC groups in the first place. But thanks to new rivals ( innovv and now dimika ), - they stared thinking differently, started listening to other potential markets and its in our favour ;)
You're right about the marketing sense. The Mobius developer knows this, but he is an honest person who doesn't want to make promises that he can't keep. As you note, he is a passionate developer and is the only person who has listened to users over the past few years. Others manufactures are now 'saying' they listen to what others want, but to date no one except the Mobius team has actually done this. It's much easier to copy a well-selling and well-designed product and maybe add a simple G-sensor than it is to implement the rich features found in the Mobius from scratch. Behind the Mobius is a small team who are devoted to their product. Considering that they have had absolutely no marketing whatsoever and the Mobius has become the most well known camera for it's size and capabilities I think they have done a remarkable job. I much prefer they have devoted their resources to quality and functionality and not wasted it on advertising or cutting corners on quality.

I have to completely disagree when you say the Mobius team has poor open vision. Without open vision the Mobius would never be what it is today. OK, motion detection is still not implemented, quite simply because it's planned for phase 2. It's been available in our beta firmware for almost 3 months, but then the developer decided to add support for the supercaps and rewrite the auto-power-on routines - both specifically for dashcam users! This proved to be a lot more tricky than expected. The developer has many, many other ideas so he certainly knows what people want. It's just a question of time.....

You could be right that the DIMIKA uses an nt96550, but if this is true then there is absolutely no reason why they need to install a proprietary USB driver in order to run their configuration tool. A messy solution.
A micro USB is acceptable so long it's 5-pin and standard. It's just not nearly as robust as the mini USB used in the Mobius. The Mobius developer also considered the micro, but after considerable testing it proved to be too unreliable. I have to admit that I'm also far from impressed about the micro USB durability, but all the same, it's much better than a non-standard 8-pin mini USB! On the plus side, the micro is today's standard used on modern mobile phones.
Another tell-tale that the processor could be an nt9550 is the minimum time-lapse period of 5 secs. Shorter time lapses are not part of the code library and have to be programmed by 'hand' and require good knowledge of the DSP.

As you know, a lot of features are still planned for the Mobius, but at the same time the Mobius is already very feature-rich. The DIMIKA also has numerous features planned, but it doesn't even exist yet! I much prefer it's form factor over the C1, but that's just a personal preference.

Last edited:
@ "Mobius team has poor open vision" I might over reacted. This was because I feelt a little bit jellos that Mobius ( and other previouse models from that team ) for long time concentrated their forces only in the interests of RC groups users. For long period they did not listen to other much bigger markets, leaving us in the shade, - here the explenation of me saying "poor vision". Hope you understand why I said that on the first place. I guess I am not the only one who felt this way, especially those who followed product development from very beginning. But I guess this we can leave to the past as we can see now things starting develop slowly and thats a good sign.
Lets give some space and time for all 3 products ( mobius, innovv, dimika ) to see how each one can impress us after adjustments to the product are done which should meet consumer expectations.

Last edited:
not sure if you've seen them but looking at them like this both look a lot like those spycams built into BMW styled car keys

@niko - who copied whom
It's interesting to see how many different cameras the #18 team has produced. They have certainly been following the motto "Quantity instead of Quality";)
Now it doesn't surprise me at all that they never have time to fix issues and perfect any of their products.

@niko - no need to be jealous of the Mobius :)
I have been following the #11 development from before the beginning. At that time the small 808 camera design already had an enormous following in RC groups. I don't know if there was that much interest in using the 808 as a dashcam. In any case, I don't remember stumbling on such a large forum as in RC groups. As a consequence, it was only natural that the Mobius developer only had user input from the RC groups. It could have been the other way round. :eek:;)

RE: DIMIKA and Mycrocam – Who copied Whom?

To the buyer, it's a non-issue. The biggest issue is who has the "better" camera. In this case the word, "better" is subject to what the person wants, lower price, better image quality, or special features.

yes, saw that, but I am not that familiar how Innotrends Ltd can be ( maybe ) linked to #18, if so ?
Maybe somebody knows more?

I think there is absolutely no link except the link you posted above.

The only good motion detection sensitivety dashcam I know to do a good job for constant 24/7 motion det rec is Panorama2. Others has a long rec delay and less sensitivety.

How long is the delay of Panorama2 til the motion detected record starts?

How long is the delay of Panorama2 til the motion detected record starts?

It's almost instant. I tested in shopping centre car park. Close to 1sec after some object will "interrupt" panorama2 FOV (field of veiw ).
Here I must say that at day time ( or with good light condition ), it senses on motion objects much longer distance than if it gets darker, - this is normal justified explanation and on this principle most dashcameras motion detection works.

It's almost instant. I tested in shopping centre car park. Close to 1sec after some object will "interrupt" panorama2 FOV (field of veiw ).

I think less 1 sec. should be a the max. delay for motion detection recording.

Here I must say that at day time ( or with good light condition ), it senses on motion objects much longer distance than if it gets darker, - this is normal justified explanation and on this principle most dashcameras motion detection works.

What is the distance in meters with panorama2 in good light condition?

I think less 1 sec. should be a the max. delay for motion detection recording.

What is the distance in meters with panorama2 in good light condition?

Many things "should be" ;), but most other dash cams I have tested have much longer motion detection rec delay. Pano2 is the fastest.
I have not measured a distance, so can not answer correctly, because it all relevant to different daylight conditions, angle of object, etc.

What will happen if the "motion" is always there? I mean it does not stop. The camera will get "tired" for detecting?

Back