Another reason to ban selfie sticks

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
But the video is kind of funny.

Backstory, son lends Dad his Gopro for his trip to Las Vegas.

Haha. Didn't watch it all, but I bet nobody told him he was doing it wrong.
Then again ... isn't the whole point of selfie sticks to support self-obsession? In which case ... working as intended!

:Dhe's absolutely using it correctly! but maybe not as he intended. either way, funny video and I hope I'm as cool (uncool) as he is when I'm a dad.

Trying,,,,, soooo hard, but words fail me o_O

I'd be out for blood no matter what, i have a problem with disrespectful ppl, so as you can figure i have a lot of problems with a lot of ppl.

Really wish i could chill like in my old days, but i seem to have run out of chill, so i am as wound up as a music box, a few more cranks on the little handle and my spring snap.:rolleyes:

Everytime I read this thread's title, my reaction is always the same: "Another reason? Do we need more than one?" :rolleyes::D

Rude behavior? Using a selfie-stick or even a phone in public is quite rude enough already because you're ignoring everyone around you over your own (likely worthless) self-interests. Those unaware of their surroundings deserve to be overcome by them :eek: Those not caring enough about others to be considerate of them do not belong among us :mad: Let Darwin clean the gene pool, we're overpopulated anyway ;)

Phil

I agree, i feel its rude to make your phone calls in public.
If i get a call i always go to a place with no or at least very little ppl, and if i cant do that well then the phone just ring until it stop, and that's rude in itself but i have the ring on my phone set so low i can miss calls not hearing the phone in my pocket ring.
But with a couple of incoming calls every week and me not getting out among ppl much there is little chance of that happening.

Regarding taking pictures or video of one self with a camera on a pole i find that to be pretty silly, i think its a sickening need to document that yes i actually was there, not least since its often a pretty mundane place ppl document they are there.

So i must conclude ppl dont get out of their little bubble much, and so any bit of the real world must be documented as - Kilroy was here -

I don't think it's necessarily rude to make calls (or even take a selfie) in public. It's a question of how you do it.
Raising your voice or blocking a pathway - that's a paddlin'.
Ignoring the person you were talking to to take a call - that's a paddlin'.
Slowing me down in a supermarket queue - I may do something nasty in your cornflakes.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I couldn't finish watching the Irishman video, Yakity sax brought back too many good memories if watching Benny Hill when I was a youth, now I want to go watch some Benny Hill.

As for the 2nd video, anyone touches my property & tried destroying it, then its time for an rump stomping. I use manners in trying to not impose on others, but I treat it the same as my cameras tripod (not that I use a selfie stick all that much as a selfie, my ugly mug breaks the camera) but as an extension for my camera wither it be dslr, slr, phone or gopro knockoff.

If I'm not blocking your moving through an area then just stay the heck away from me. But then again living in the woods I've gotten used to being able to move on my land without bothering others, unlike when I grew up in CT, or spent time on Long Island NY, almost constantly surrounded by others with no space to breathe. :-(

There are no issues ( they say in the YT video ) i am pretty sure if you start to fly your little drone in a bar or disko, you will be out on your ass.

And the camera on it is like a selfie camera on current mid range smartphones, so not anything i would use for anything worth sharing.

Back