Any Front and rear dash cam with gps otherthan Viofo, Thinkware and Blackview

Durga Bali

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi All,

I am curious to know any dash cam comes close to my Viofo A129 Plus Duo in Canada. Viofo is best at the video clarity and the features provided for a reasonable price but it has lot of issues too like mine failing to record sometimes. Not a reliable cam looks like when I see lot of such complaints on Amazon. I used Rexing V1P Max before the Viofo A129 Plus but was disappointed with the video clarity and colour rendering. But I agree Rexing is a solid dash cam and never saw any issue like failing to record which in a dash cam is unacceptable.
I did a lot of search on Amazon and Google for a dashcam with all features like dual cam (Front + Rear), GPS, Wifi, Super capacitor etc but not much to find. All I can see is Thinkware, Blackvue, Viofo and Rexing only. Most of the other cams are coming with outside rear cams which we need to screw at the license plate and with lithiom batteries. I bought MyGeekoGear Orbit 950 but returning it after seeing the review on DashCamTalk because it's very inferior compared to Viofo A129 Plus. Rove r2 4K has good reviews but missing rear cam. NextBase has an optional rear cam but looks like an after market kind of and price is too much. Nexar has no rear cams. Street Guardian is over pricey for just 1080p.
Genunely I don't want to go away from Viofo as no dashcam comes close to it's video clarity, it's beautiful color rendering videos which we can share on social media too like Youtube and lot of features for a reasonable price but I afraid what if oneday the cam fails in a situation when I need the footage as a proof.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am curious to know any dash cam comes close to my Viofo A129 Plus Duo in Canada. Viofo is best at the video clarity and the features provided for a reasonable price but it has lot of issues too like mine failing to record sometimes. Not a reliable cam looks like when I see lot of such complaints on Amazon. I used Rexing V1P Max before the Viofo A129 Plus but was disappointed with the video clarity and colour rendering. But I agree Rexing is a solid dash cam and never saw any issue like failing to record which in a dash cam is unacceptable.
I did a lot of search on Amazon and Google for a dashcam with all features like dual cam (Front + Rear), GPS, Wifi, Super capacitor etc but not much to find. All I can see is Thinkware, Blackvue, Viofo and Rexing only. Most of the other cams are coming with outside rear cams which we need to screw at the license plate and with lithiom batteries. I bought MyGeekoGear Orbit 950 but returning it after seeing the review on DashCamTalk because it's very inferior compared to Viofo A129 Plus. Rove 42k has good reviews but missing rear cam. NextBase has an optional rear cam but looks like an after market kind of and price is too much. Nexar has no rear cams. Street Guardian is over pricey for just 1080p.
Genunely I don't want to go away from Viofo as no dashcam comes close to it's video clarity, it's beautiful color rendering videos which we can share on social media too like Youtube and lot of features for a reasonable price but I afraid what if oneday the cam fails in a situation when I need the footage as a proof.

Thanks
Street Guardian has a couple that fulfill your feature needs. Very reliable based on my experience - has never failed to record short of 1 memory card issue.

For sure you should not just install any dashcam and then forget about it, with the good ones the memory card will always be the weak link, even if you buy the best brand / model memory cards and they are genuine.
Street Guardian cameras are in the higher end for what they are as cameras, but you usually get a pretty bulletproof service from them, and you also get 2 year warranty if you register your system online where i understand 1 year is the norm.
That is also worth something at least for me.
They have just released a 2K system. https://streetguardian.cam/product/sg9667dc2k

So in short you be wise to keep taps on your systems performance, which is not a insurmountable task, it take me 15 minutes or so to run over a 256 GB memory card, and doing that on the PC every few months i dont think is hard.
The chance of a fail at the worst possible time is always there, in that case having multiple cameras is the best solution, though that in turn are not good for the stealth aspect.
New cameras should warn you in case of a memory card failure, something old cameras did not do.

Many of us addicts, even disregarding we might have 3-4-5 cameras on the windscreen, well some of us really like to have a "zoom" camera on the windscreen, this dashcam with a aftermarket lens in the 8 - 12 mm range, let you read plates ahead of you 2 - 3 - 4 X further away than that is possible with a conventional dashcam, the trade off is a extremely narrow field of view on such a camera, so it can never be used alone.
some of us also have side cameras, giving us a virtual 360 degree bubble of video we drive inside, but side cameras for sure are a sign of a dashcam addiction, it have been extremely rare i have used footage from my side cameras in the past 5 - 6 years i have had those.

Cutting the BS, a front camera will take care of most claims against you, cuz night or day - rain, maybe just hampered by severe snowfall or fog, the front camera always log what you do with your car in relation to road side - lane markings and color of intersections and traffic in general, and if you drive as you should, then what ever happen off camera can surely not be your fault.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I did a lot of search on Amazon and Google for a dashcam with all features like dual cam (Front + Rear), GPS, Wifi, Super capacitor etc but not much to find. All I can see is Thinkware, Blackvue, Viofo and Rexing only. Most of the other cams are coming with outside rear cams which we need to screw at the license plate and with lithiom batteries. I bought MyGeekoGear Orbit 950 but returning it after seeing the review on DashCamTalk because it's very inferior compared to Viofo A129 Plus. Rove 42k has good reviews but missing rear cam. NextBase has an optional rear cam but looks like an after market kind of and price is too much. Nexar has no rear cams. Street Guardian is over pricey for just 1080p.

Thanks

In another thread a Hikvision rep wants two Canadians to test run their dash cams.
Perhaps you could get one of these.
@RickyC is the person in this thread - Hikvision thread

In another thread a Hikvision rep wants two Canadians to test run their dash cams.
Perhaps you could get one of these.
@RickyC is the person in this thread - Hikvision thread
Thanks, @LateralNW.
I don't see any video quality issue in comparing with his Viofo A129 Plus Duo. He can go to my thread to check out the video quality.
We do not have any dual lens Dashcams available for Canadian market now. But I do believe using 2nd F6Pro dashcam will provide better performance for the rear camera.

Ricky

IIRC the B4K either has GPS built in or as an accessory. The W4K was built-in. The Yeecore I tested recently also did, but all I had was the front cam; the dual-channel version is identical but sold as a different model. Plenty of 2-channel cams with GPS if you dig around a bit ;) But if you want top vid quality the game changes and onlt a few cams at the top. Thinkware and Blackvue are overpriced but have features no others do. Viofo is the best bang-for-your-buck in that game. G-on and Hikivision are also worth a look. With all these the front cam will be good, but the rear cam with several will range from good to marginal, so be sure to check those out well before making your decision.

Phil

my Viofo A129 Plus Duo in Canada. Viofo is best at the video clarity and the features provided for a reasonable price but it has lot of issues too like mine failing to record sometimes.

@RickyC
I think the main point @Durga Bali was making is he is not confident with the way files are stored and hence missing footage at critical times.
The way you described the recording and index system on the Hikvision may be more reliable in saving important footage.

@RickyC
I think the main point @Durga Bali was making is he is not confident with the way files are stored and hence missing footage at critical times.
The way you described the recording and index system on the Hikvision may be more reliable in saving important footage.
@LateralNW I saw that point. it is very frustrating if you are not confident on the reliability of key equipment .
But he also mentioned he did not select Rove 42K and Nexar as it misses rear camera. So I recommend 2 front Dashcams solution, 1 for front and 1 for rear, they both are1600P.

For sure you should not just install any dashcam and then forget about it, with the good ones the memory card will always be the weak link, even if you buy the best brand / model memory cards and they are genuine.
Street Guardian cameras are in the higher end for what they are as cameras, but you usually get a pretty bulletproof service from them, and you also get 2 year warranty if you register your system online where i understand 1 year is the norm.
That is also worth something at least for me.
They have just released a 2K system. https://streetguardian.cam/product/sg9667dc2k

So in short you be wise to keep taps on your systems performance, which is not a insurmountable task, it take me 15 minutes or so to run over a 256 GB memory card, and doing that on the PC every few months i dont think is hard.
The chance of a fail at the worst possible time is always there, in that case having multiple cameras is the best solution, though that in turn are not good for the stealth aspect.
New cameras should warn you in case of a memory card failure, something old cameras did not do.

Many of us addicts, even disregarding we might have 3-4-5 cameras on the windscreen, well some of us really like to have a "zoom" camera on the windscreen, this dashcam with a aftermarket lens in the 8 - 12 mm range, let you read plates ahead of you 2 - 3 - 4 X further away than that is possible with a conventional dashcam, the trade off is a extremely narrow field of view on such a camera, so it can never be used alone.
some of us also have side cameras, giving us a virtual 360 degree bubble of video we drive inside, but side cameras for sure are a sign of a dashcam addiction, it have been extremely rare i have used footage from my side cameras in the past 5 - 6 years i have had those.

Cutting the BS, a front camera will take care of most claims against you, cuz night or day - rain, maybe just hampered by severe snowfall or fog, the front camera always log what you do with your car in relation to road side - lane markings and color of intersections and traffic in general, and if you drive as you should, then what ever happen off camera can surely not be your fault.
Thank you for your prompt reply and the suggestions. I will take a look into Street Guardian and good to know that they have the 2k cam now. I saw lot of positive reviews for their cameras and I think the price is worth for the accesories they provide and 2 years of warrenty.
Yes, I think I just got addicted to the dashcams and trying to get the best one exploring lot of cams, might be an effect of watching those Dashcam Lessons and DDS videos on Youtube :D

Street Guardian has a couple that fulfill your feature needs. Very reliable based on my experience - has never failed to record short of 1 memory card issue.
Ya I will check the Street Guardian cams and agree that those cams have good reputation. Thank you for your suggestion :)

Hello,

We can help you with the problem with your A129 Plus Duo. There must be a reason for not recording. Most time, it may be caused by a card/power issue and can be resolved. Let's help you do further troubleshooting. If it's a hardware issue, we can provide a free replacement.

Hello,

We can help you with the problem with your A129 Plus Duo. There must be a reason for not recording. Most time, it may be caused by a card/power issue and can be resolved. Let's help you do further troubleshooting. If it's a hardware issue, we can provide a free replacement.
Hi, Thank you for the reply. I have posted my issue in the DashCamTalk forum under A129 Plus duo thread you can see in the link below

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a129-plus-duo-recording-issues.46142/#post-565266

Also I have raised a ticket in Viofo Support Center.

did a lot of search on Amazon and Google for a dashcam with all features like dual cam (Front + Rear), GPS, Wifi, Super capacitor etc but not much to find
Our B4K is available on Amazon Canada also :)

Our B4K is available on Amazon Canada also :)
I just checked the B4K price and reviews. A nice 4k front cam but the rear cam is too poor to use as per below review

I still prefer Viofo A129 Plus Duo which is worth the $60 more price for it's rear cam clarity (dedicated chip + Sony sensor). Also Viofo even has just 2k compared to B4Ks 4k, it can record in 60 fps i.e. 2k @ 60fps + 1080p @ 30 fps where frame rate in B4K drops to 24 fps when we connect the rear cam. BlueSkySea should come with a dedicated rear cam with a Sony sensor to beat the competition. But the front cam with 4K just for $130 ($150 - $20 (offer)) is awesome on Amazon Canada.

Last edited:
@LateralNW I saw that point. it is very frustrating if you are not confident on the reliability of key equipment .
But he also mentioned he did not select Rove 42K and Nexar as it misses rear camera. So I recommend 2 front Dashcams solution, 1 for front and 1 for rear, they both are1600P.
Yes I am looking for dual front + rear dash cams. The problems with two separate dash cams for front and rear are, it will be difficult to hard wire both cams, usually front cams come in bigger sizes so it obstructs the rear view if we use it as rear cam and we have to use two separate cards for both cams.

IIRC the B4K either has GPS built in or as an accessory. The W4K was built-in. The Yeecore I tested recently also did, but all I had was the front cam; the dual-channel version is identical but sold as a different model. Plenty of 2-channel cams with GPS if you dig around a bit ;) But if you want top vid quality the game changes and onlt a few cams at the top. Thinkware and Blackvue are overpriced but have features no others do. Viofo is the best bang-for-your-buck in that game. G-on and Hikivision are also worth a look. With all these the front cam will be good, but the rear cam with several will range from good to marginal, so be sure to check those out well before making your decision.

Phil
Thank you for your suggestions.I have checked the B4K but it's rear cam footage quality is very poor and what is the IIRC? Could you please give me the model name?

"IIRC" means "If I recall correctly" which for me these days doesn't happen as well as it once did :rolleyes:

There are (or were) 2 types of rear cam with the B4K. It's intended as a budget-friendly cam and is good for that but higher priced cams will of course do better. I'm sure Viofo will help you get your issues sorted out, they're good people with good products.

Phil

YEECORE dual dashcam D22 is selling on Amazon. D21 just the front dashcam with 3” IPS Screen,
D22 is D21 (4K) +HDR 1080p rear cam, 5.0GHz/2.4GHz dual WiFi, smartphone APP, allows you to seamlessly view your videos on your smartphone using the yeecoreviewer app. 24 hours parking monitor, G-Sensor, proprietary distortion correction algorithm, loop recording, built-in digital image stabilization, wide dynamic range, advanced H.265 video compression technology, screen saver, USB Type C ports and included USB charger, time-lapse video and so much more features.

Phil

YEECORE dual dashcam D22 is selling on Amazon. D21 just the front dashcam with 3” IPS Screen,
D22 is D21 (4K) +HDR 1080p rear cam, 5.0GHz/2.4GHz dual WiFi, smartphone APP, allows you to seamlessly view your videos on your smartphone using the yeecoreviewer app. 24 hours parking monitor, G-Sensor, proprietary distortion correction algorithm, loop recording, built-in digital image stabilization, wide dynamic range, advanced H.265 video compression technology, screen saver, USB Type C ports and included USB charger, time-lapse video and so much more features.

No listing in my Amazon app.
Not even the brand name.

Back