Any info on this cam: HD 1080P Dual Lens Car Camera DVR Camc

Thewalven

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

Does anyone have any info on this cam:
$(KGrHqZHJFMFGNWgyyfLBRqHGnRMHw~~60_12.JPG

I just received it from Ebay, all specs met my wishes, so I just couldnt resist, or should I ve..?

Objectnummer: 261223828310
HD 1080P
Dual Lens Car
GPS Logger
G-Sensor
IR Night Vision

Since it s my 1st cam I m interested in any tests or info regarding this cam.
Is it a waste of money or best value ?

Looking forward to your insights!,

Thewalven

Re: Any info on this cam: HD 1080P Dual Lens Car Camera DVR

Do you have a link to the item on eBay? Any idea of what model or manufacturer this is from?

spaceballsrules said:
Do you have a link to the item on eBay? Any idea of what model or manufacturer this is from?

Objectnummer: 261223828310 is the ebay number.
HD 1080P
Dual Lens Car
GPS Logger
G-Sensor
IR Night Vision
Ebay dual camera

the ad is very light on detail, rear cam is D1 res only, can't see the front cam being any greater than true 720p, it may have a 1080p option but I would suspect that it's an interpolated resolution, not a true value

jokiin said:
the ad is very light on detail, rear cam is D1 res only, can't see the front cam being any greater than true 720p, it may have a 1080p option but I would suspect that it's an interpolated resolution, not a true value

D1= vga right?
So, how can I find out what the 'native resolution' of the front cam is?
Any program to analyze the video files or the cam itself?

Tx
Thewalven

Thewalven said:
jokiin said:

D1= vga right?
So, how can I find out what the 'native resolution' of the front cam is?
Any program to analyze the video files or the cam itself?

Tx
Thewalven

I can't see it being any greater than 720p for the front

Ok, some 1st feedback on this camera :

- even though the box explicitly states 1080P FUll HD I fear that jokiin is (of course) right: 720P. That is, upon examination of the files it says 1280*720.
- rear cam is indeed VGA, is good enough for me.
- the manual is very poor. The first half is written in Chinese and so is the last half. Miraculously however, they succeeded in inserting 5 pages of English ;) Anyone here mastering Chinese?

- pictures in the manual show a different dashcam (X3000?) Is this existing technology in a new housing?
- file sizes are way too short, just 20-30 seconds, anyone any suggestions? This is really annoying. I already changed RT to 5 min, 10 min and 15 min, nothing happens....)
- about 50% of the files are being protected, very strange, I disabled all automatic recording and set sensitivity of the G sensor to lowest but the cam still thinks I m in a constant carcrash ;)
- protected files are stored in a different directory causing time gaps in the normal file feed. If you join them with the original feed you ll notice that the protected file starts before the ending of the normal feed so instead of having a gap you have overlapping video files.
- sound recording is surprisingly good
- battery 1200 mAH, yeah right, max 1 minute battery life.
- lcd screen size 2" is too small to be usefull while driving, (you'd better not look at it at all of course while driving).
- TF card is in the bottom of the cam, upon removing it, the TF card easily drops somewhere in the car.... ooops where did that go?

I uploaded some files (daylight) to youtube (pls dont mind the kids talking in the background:)

As soon as I ll have a night drive I ll upload some night video.

I m still hesitating whether or not to open the camera for a peek inside.... I ll keep you posted.

Attachments

• 20130801 Dashcam unbranded a.pdf
    868.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20130801 Dashcam unbranded b.pdf
    932.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20130801 Dashcam unbranded c.pdf
    781.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

After reading several comments about this dashcam from other users on other sites, it's clear to me now that the 1080p claim is indeed invalid. It's just 720p.
File lengths are still just 30 seconds, G sensor cannot be disabled and triggers secure files every 30 seconds or so.
Last week I contacted the vendor on E-bay and experimented with almost all settings, used other sd cards (2/8/32 GB) but its just no good.
I guess the firmware is very bad and since I really want some decent footage (and get what I paid for) I decided to claim a refund for this dashcam with Paypal.
Was just in time (45 days = today ;) )

At techmoan.com I came across the GS900s aka VF960. Any thoughts of you guys (M/F) on this cam?

@jokiin: I read on this forum some users who state that you'll be releasing a good dashcam this year, could you give some info on that?

Thewalven said:
@jokiin: I read on this forum some users who state that you'll be releasing a good dashcam this year, could you give some info on that?

will be posting more details in a few weeks time, can't be too specific until then, if you're after dual cameras though our dual cam model is probably going to be closer to the end of the year before that's ready, the development lead time is a lot longer on that one unfortunately

I'm still poke'n around the forums. I know it was a youtube example, but I can't say I was impressed with your examples. (super blocky/compressed, more than average amounts) Thumbs down for me

jokiin said:
Thewalven said:

will be posting more details in a few weeks time, can't be too specific until then, if you're after dual cameras though our dual cam model is probably going to be closer to the end of the year before that's ready, the development lead time is a lot longer on that one unfortunately

You seem to be one of the most active members Jokiin! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a product. Do you have a web site or email list I can subscribe to so I can read all about it the moment it's put out in the public? You sure know how to create demand for something that's not even announced yet. (you must work for apple) But yeah you really seem to be listening to what we want!

JazJon said:
Do you have a web site or email list I can subscribe to so I can read all about it the moment it's put out in the public?

I don't have anything like that setup now but might need to do something, I've been contacted by a lot of people and would not like to overlook someone that had specifically asked about it

maybe I can setup a thread here with some details that could be subscribed to by anyone that wants to keeps updated, not sure if that's the best way, I still need to wait a bit before I can give specific detail though, some things are still being finalized and I don't want to say some feature or benefit, what we're using etc is there until it's all 100% confirmed, we haven't had to change a lot from what we wanted initially but there are still some amendments that have been unavoidable, I'm happy with the shortlist of major components that we've selected though

JazJon said:
But yeah you really seem to be listening to what we want!

I think in a way it's what a lot of people want (I do read all the feedback here on every brand of camera and take it all in), I know it's what I want in a camera and to date it just hasn't existed, of course you can't be all things to all people and there's no one size fits all so the products we come out with may be liked by some and not by others, nature of the beast I guess, once I can post the details I'll go through the rationale involved in why the choices we've made were made, what was the thinking behind them, what the benefit is in the practical use of the product, what we've tried to achieve etc etc

jokiin said:
JazJon said:
Do you have a web site or email list I can subscribe to so I can read all about it the moment it's put out in the public?

I don't have anything like that setup now but might need to do something, I've been contacted by a lot of people and would not like to overlook someone that had specifically asked about it

maybe I can setup a thread here with some details that could be subscribed to by anyone that wants to keeps updated, not sure if that's the best way, I still need to wait a bit before I can give specific detail though, some things are still being finalized and I don't want to say some feature or benefit, what we're using etc is there until it's all 100% confirmed, we haven't had to change a lot from what we wanted initially but there are still some amendments that have been unavoidable, I'm happy with the shortlist of major components that we've selected though

That works! A ton of people might flood the new thread though with request questions. I wonder if you have the power to lock the thread we subscribe to, and then unlock it when you have an announcement. (maybe ask the Admin on here for that feature)
I guess I don't mind reading through speculation posts leading up to the actual post if locking/unlocking isn't an option.

JazJon said:
That works! A ton of people might flood the new thread though with request questions. I wonder if you have the power to lock the thread we subscribe to, and then unlock it when you have an announcement. (maybe ask the Admin on here for that feature)
I guess I don't mind reading through speculation posts leading up to the actual post if locking/unlocking isn't an option.

yeah I admin on a couple of other forums (unrelated stuff) and I don't know that users can lock threads without having some kind of moderator privileges

I'll talk to our admin here and see if he has any suggestions, I could ask him to lock and unlock but I think that could get tiring quickly (we're in completely different timezones which doesn't help) there is already a bunch of stuff any forum admin has to do that is time consuming, if anyone can post in the thread then everyone that subscribes gets notified each time, annoying again and defeats the purpose of subscribing I guess, to be honest I do like to get people's feedback anyway so would prefer not to have a locked one way conversation going

not sure what the best approach is but I'll give it some thought

What about posting on the Vendor's thread viewforum.php?f=26 ?
And maybe ask people to put up a thread in the relevant section if they have questions?

Last edited by a moderator:

@JazJon The video quality is indeed poor. You are right about the Apple effect ;)
@jokiin : ty for your replies, a thread would come in handy. I m not in a hurry, gives me time to save some extra money and by a decent cam;) I'll wait for your announcements.

I even considered keeping this cam and using it as a rearviewcam but since it's producing poor quality and a tremendous amount of short and overlapping video clips (24 sec. due to a oversensitive G-sensor?) I m gonna send it back.
Meanwhile I contacted the vendor to give me the money back (voluntary) or provide me with working firmware.

Hello,my friend,sorry for my delay to reply you,
sorry after we contact with our supplier they said have not the firmware software,hope you can understand,thanks,
Can you please help us to check it again,or how about you reset it them try to turn it on?
Or if you have better idea about this matter,please kindly advise us,
Waiting your reply,
Best regards,

Apple
Welcome to shop on our website :www.totodeal.com
more than 3000+ cheap electronics and cool gadget, free shipping to worldwide.
Working time:Mon -Fri (9:00am to 18.00Ppm)

I think I might advise them the sledgehammer ;)

Kinda lucky too because they really bit you quite hard on it if their website is anything to go by. Quite disappointed as I had been eying it off myself as its form factor is perfect for what I had in mind, putting it next to the wing mirror and using it as a blind spot cam
http://www.banggood.com/Car-HD-DVR-...-Vision-Video-Recorder-Black-Box-p-73266.html

mycosys said:
Quite disappointed as I had been eying it off myself
Happy to learn I protected at least one person from buying this crapcam.

I'll send the dashcam back to Shenzen China tomorrow, hope to ever see my money returned......

Back