Upgrade help and info on rear camera lead 4 or 5 pins connector plug

Read007

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have already got a dual mirror dash cam 4.3 inch but want to upgrade to a new 10inch mirror dash camera, my question is can i simply buy the new mirror dash camera and simply plug and play? Or do i have to change the rear camera lead that has a 4 or 5 pin connector on the black plug ? Ie can i just unplug mirror dash cam and plug in new one to save putting all new wiring in again.
Hope ive detailed this ok and await your replys,
Regards
Brian

rear camera wiring is not a standard, will be luck of the draw whether the new one and the old one use the same format, higher chances if from the same manufacturer and based on the same chipset, will likely be a case of try it and see

Thankyou so much and will take your advice and make sure i buy a new one with a 5 pin connector as thats what i definately have at present, thankyou again

Thankyou so much and will take your advice and make sure i buy a new one with a 5 pin connector as thats what i definately have at present, thankyou again
the same connector will increase your chances, it still could be wired differently, there's no standard for these

Wow you been so helpfull and also if anybody has the DUDUBELL 10inch mirror dash camera , please can you insert a picture of the Black rear view connector plug, and again thankyou all.

Back