Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

Just a minor irritation.

Having to plugin / unplug the rear camera each time the front camera is used is a pain, I can imagine the plug or socket suffering in time. Now, had there been a permanent fitting on the screen mount where the rear cam only powers up when the front is attached...

Just a minor irritation.

Having to plugin / unplug the rear camera each time the front camera is used is a pain, I can imagine the plug or socket suffering in time. Now, had there been a permanent fitting on the screen mount where the rear cam only powers up when the front is attached...
I must admit that is a slight worry.

At the moment to even use WiFi and the app to view camera footage the rear camera needs to be unplugged.

Tiffany i sent you a private message at dinner but not heard anything back. Thanks.

Thank you Tiffany I got my rear camera this afternoon but I will only install it once the resolution situation has been sorted because I do not want to downgrade my forward facing camera's present resolution setting to accommodate the rear camera so will wait until firmware has been sorted...hopefully soon

Got mine today. Thank you very much. @NextBase Tiffany.
I just want to ask a question. Is this rear cam/Payments being handled by a company called voyager systems.?

Thank you Tiffany I got my rear camera this afternoon but I will only install it once the resolution situation has been sorted because I do not want to downgrade my forward facing camera's present resolution setting to accommodate the rear camera so will wait until firmware has been sorted...hopefully soon
Is that something Nextbase have said will happen..?

I just want to ask a question. Is this rear cam/Payments being handled by a company called voyager systems.?

Voyager is one of their brands (sold through Aldi) so I would think that's a legitimate part of their business

Voyager is one of their brands (sold through Aldi) so I would think that's a legitimate part of their business
That's what I was thinking..Just couldn't be 100% sure. The contact details for technical support is the same as Nextbase,

Voyager-Systems
Unit 2 Caerphilly Business Park
Van Road
Caerphilly
Wales
CF83 3ED

I was just looking at my bank statement, and I just couldn't figure it out at first. lol

Tiffany has already confirmed that using the rear camera will result in both cameras recording at 1080p, 1440p will not be made available with the rear cam on use at a later date as the processor can't handle 1440p on the front and 1080p on the rear.

Sadly it is a trade off.

So if you want better quality footage then it's sperate higher resolution cameras front and rear.

Hello! @NextBase Tiffany.
Strange until now, no any rmail[emoji15]
0110dfb3ec2afdc227794cb7ae869a1c.jpg
21b25580033786ebca9eee0b6686b987.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tiffany has already confirmed that using the rear camera will result in both cameras recording at 1080p, 1440p will not be made available with the rear cam on use at a later date as the processor can't handle 1440p on the front and 1080p on the rear.

Sadly it is a trade off.

So if you want better quality footage then it's sperate higher resolution cameras front and rear.

I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed when I found that out. Can’t remember whether I ever knew, or did know, but had just forgotten. I suspect the former, as I’m not sure I’d have bothered if I’d known.

I’ll give it a try and see how it goes, but “downgrading” your front camera does seem a poor approach.

You do start to wonder whether a second stand-alone, albeit slightly more expensive camera, might well have been a better investment.

that is why I asked Tiffany many times to finally confirm that it's only 1080p for both cameras and I decided not to buy the rear cam and stay with the one I already had. I think its a big step back for Nextbase. I would pay even £80 for that rear cam if it would record at 1440p but in this case its a no no from me :) even for £25 I won't downgrade front cam quality

Thought the drop to 1080p was a given.

Out of interest I wonder if there are any 2 channel cams that record 1440 on both?

Thought the drop to 1080p was a given.

Out of interest I wonder if there are any 2 channel cams that record 1440 on both?

The BlackVue DR900S-2ch records 4k on the front and 1080p on the rear with cloud service to check your camera remotely. It is however, significantly more expensive than a Nextbase unit.

I will install and try out this rear camera and if results are not satisfactory then rear camera will become a paper weight because I regard forward facing camera as very important so resolution should be of high standard

It's a sad world when 1080p Vs 4K is such a big issue.
I thought as long as you can read the number plate of any offending vehicle it is good enough for both Police and insurance companies to deal with.
After all it's only a dashcam, not Nat Geo Wild HD. :D

Last edited:
The BlackVue DR900S-2ch records 4k on the front and 1080p on the rear with cloud service to check your camera remotely. It is however, significantly more expensive than a Nextbase unit.
Yep that seems to be about best in 2 channel cams. As you say more expensive, about 3 to 4 times cost of NB setup!

Tech-Yeti I think its because one always wants the best available today and technology is to blame for it because years ago we would have settled for lot less :)

When the rear cam is released there will be 2 x 1080p files, one marked Front and one marked Rear.

The 1080p file averages around 1 hour per 8Gb so doubling this (front and rear) for an 8Gb will be 30 minutes.

Your 64Gb card will hold 4 hours 20 minutes, the 128Gb will hold 8 hours 40 minutes.

Whether you need to upgrade the capacity will depend on how many hours you drive in a typical week/how long you want to be stored at any one time.

The card will need to be at least a class 10 card, a good branded card that can maintain the speeds required. We test with and recommend SanDisk.
Tiffany did confirm early on in this post it would be 1080p files with the rear camera.

Hi Tiffany
Silly me I have been checking your main website for some time expecting the Rear camera to go online for purchasing and not a thing. So I thought I would check on the forum only to find its been available for some time but never received anything saying its available. Can you just confirm if you have available stocks and current cost along with how to purchase.

Sorry if you have already issued this.

Back