Any sticky mount that works with G90?

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
I tried using the suction cup on the rear window and due to heating elements, the suction cup doesn't stay on the window.
My old car had few areas where I could stick the suction cup even if it were not in the center but the new car's rear window doesn't have any area big enough without the heating elements.
Due to proprietary mount, not anything works with the G90.
What are my options?
DIY?
Or just use some other dashcam for the rear?
I'd love something like Lukas LK-7950WD's rear camera that's small and perfect but want little better quality.
Thanks...

If you try to place a sticker over the heating elements and then use the suction cup over the sticker ??? it may work

DIY? ...that's small and perfect but want little better quality.
Separating the lens from the motherboard can be a solution; @Sabe and @mandoco77 did that.
As advantages: no more Sun to kill the battery, small size.

Sunny,
Here is a post I made recently that should overcome your problem,I have just copied it from the other thread
The G90 mount is rubbish - what alternatives have we got?
:

The supplied mount is utter garbage, if you try to take it apart to increase the pull on the rubber suction cup, the wiring comes apart. Had to resolder all the internal wiring.
The only way I found to attach it to my windscreen is using 3M dual lock tape, it is like Velcro but 100 times stronger, a few small pieces on the rubber suction pad and a few on the windscreen allows a strong but detachable fixing.Make sure you clean the surfaces with detergent first and then glass cleaner second to remove all grease.Apply pressure to the strips to ensure a strong bond,even consider heating the surfaces with a hair drier, especially in winter to improve the adhesive process,nothing else worked,especially if like me,to comply with the law, you have to mount it behind the rear view mirror where there is an anti glare strip that has an uneven dimpled surface which is impossible to attach the mount to.The adhesive used in this tape is suitable for high temperatures(there are many versions of dual lock tape and different adhesives)making it less likely to drop off in the summer when it can get very hot inside the car.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B004AQOBS2

Last edited by a moderator:
the wiring comes apart. Had to resolder all the internal wiring.
yes, you're right. I personally changed the wires.
Anyway, I'm still using it without needing to apply any 3M tape. Of course, I always remove the dashcam in the evening.

Back