Anybody with exp. using the Hyundai R350D? No reviews yet...

dash321

Reaction score
Country
United States
I saw this model from Hyundai being sold by a few people on eBay; here's one vendor:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281394753489
And another:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/190867873733
Seems like a well-featured camera from a noteworthy maker, but there is barely a mention of it on this site (I searched) and no reviews. I'm looking for a dual channel camera that can record what happens behind the vehicle and this is a possible choice for me. I am not so interested in recording what happens inside the vehicle, just in gathering evidence for any type of collision, especially rear-enders.

Everything I know about Korean electronics is generally positive (no worse than nameless Chinese goods I've tried), but was hoping for some user feedback before taking the plunge. Someone also sells a warranty for electronics which might (and I mean only <might>) be a good idea if it covers damage to the camera. Warranty companies have a funny way of leaving exceptions here and there, though.

Anyway, this camera has been on the market for at least a year; just curious if anyone has ever used one. Would love to see a write up.

$260 for a 720p camera with menu's in Korean only! No thanks. Surely the blue ring around the lens doesn't light up, does it?

That doesn't bother me so much - can always get a translation by scanning it into Google or asking a friend who speaks Korean.

Seems like the only people making good cameras with customer support and english instructions are the companies who sell to police departments - and price it as if price is no object (which it is not, considering their customer base)

Hyundai licence the name for use on all sorts of electronics, noteworthy manufacturer is perhaps not the best interpretation of the brand name here

Yeah, I heard that before. Still though, if Hyundai is allowing another Korean company to use their name, it's probably a decent sign. If it were some pirate doing it I might think otherwise.

Honestly I've seen some very substandard product from licensees of their brand, the camera may or may not be ok, this is not something Hyundai controls though

Hm. well good to know; that camera isn't too expensive so it would be less of a gamble than some other more expensive models I've seen on this site. Considering so many of them seem to break down within a year regardless of price, the Hyundai models might not be a worse gamble.

But that blue light up ring is a bit annoying.

I noticed you are a manufacturer - can you recommend a dual channel setup that is comparable to (or better than) the R350D?

Blacksys maybe, there's not a lot of good options in dual channel right now

Last edited:
I noticed you are a manufacturer - can you recommend a dual channel setup that is comparable to (or better than) the R350D?

If price per value, then at the moment Blacksys CF-100 is one of the best. I have this model for nearly 1 year. WIth latest firmware upgrade can say they have been improved a video quality. RAM buffer recording for 24/7 parking motion detection mode. 1ch only: Front camera 14Mbps ( 1080p ). 2Ch: Front camera 1080p/30Fps 10Mbps bit-rate, rear camera 720p/30Fps 5Mbps bit-rate. Sony Exmor CMOS sensor. For 200usd you can not get better.
Next better dual channel is around 350-400usd.

Back