Anyone else have vibration problem from mount?

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
Hi guys.

When I put the camera into the 3m mount it doesn't fit very snug. It didn't become apparent until I was reviewing some footage and it was ever so slightly shaky/vibey.

Since I've narrowed it down to the connection between the cam and mount, does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know how I could cure it?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, now that I moved my o801 to the back window as a rear dashcam, the vibrations are even more pronounced. I've thought about squeezing a stack of rubber O-Rings to help give it more support. I'm gong to check out the hardware store at some point. I'm envisioning this rubber stack being just larger than the space between the camera and the base. With a bit of extra force it would connect with a large rubber base & pressure keeping things a bit more stable.

The way they designed the mount makes it a bit tricky but I'm going to try.

Hmmm, I think I'm going to try and reduce the (very small) gap between the mount and cam. It may make it more rigid.

Just another quick question - what metering setting do you have yours set to? Mine is default at centred, however my footage seems slightly dull compared to what the real conditions are, I was thinking of changing it to average metering?

Cheers

Hmmm, I think I'm going to try and reduce the (very small) gap between the mount and cam. It may make it more rigid.

Just another quick question - what metering setting do you have yours set to? Mine is default at centred, however my footage seems slightly dull compared to what the real conditions are, I was thinking of changing it to average metering?

Cheers

I use +1 EV and find that the results are brighter.

I've been thinking about messing with the +1 but I hate straying from the default settings. I think I'll give it a try soon though as well.

Usually, an increase of the Exposure will increase the exposure time. In daylight this increase will not be perceptible. But in low light the increased exposure time will produce more motion-blurred videos. On the other hand, it's possible that the increasing of the Exposure to be made by increasing the electronic amplification, so-called "ISO" and the videos will become softer. Anyway, in both of cases, I believe that the quality will "suffer"...
Bearing in mind the above mentioned things, I tested my LS650W with -1 Exposure setting. The videos are just a bit darker but sharper. The only problem is that in shadow the chroma noise is visible... So, I reverted to the default setting.

Hi,

I found with my 0801 that if you push it in all the way little locating lug on the camera is a loose fit on the mount. My solution was to not push the camera all the way on the mount, leave it about 1mm short of all the way. Doing this means it sits snuggly and doesn't move around.

Hi,

I found with my 0801 that if you push it in all the way little locating lug on the camera is a loose fit on the mount. My solution was to not push the camera all the way on the mount, leave it about 1mm short of all the way. Doing this means it sits snuggly and doesn't move around.

Interesting I'll have to see if that helps my 0801 in the rear. I've yet to try a stack of rubber gaskets yet, but it's on my todo list.

Back