Anyone had problem with Wi-Fi LED?

mattek

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello.
Today I was trying to refocus my Yi, but it suddenly died after one beep. After few tryings and checks I see it's problem with Wi-Fi LED ribbon. Now Yi can turn on, wireless works, but no LED. Anyone know solution? My ribbon doesn't seem to be broken. Maybe it just unlinked from connector? Is there any connector for this ribbon?
Thanks in advance and I hope for help c:

Nobody? So only solution is to take it back to seller?

What in your opinion seller should do with camera damaged by your unauthorized manipulations inside?

I think it's not my fault, I didn't touch ribbon or something near.

Ok, I checked points between LED and there is still voltage. For me, LED is fried or something, but how? I will just replace it.

same with my cam but wifi works. Dont know whats wrong

Great, I saw this kind of problem on Mi forum. Maybe it's camera issue? Overheating, too high voltage?

I have had a similar problem develop with the Wifi and Bluetooth on my Yi. I can press the Wifi button and the Wifi light comes on solid but doesn't then flash (for at least 5 mins before auto power off). Double pressing the Wifi button to put in into Bluetooth association mode also just leaves it with the Wifi light on solid. Since this has occured, Bluetooth no longer works, and the Yi doesn't advertise a Wifi AP as it normally would (though I believe this only occurs when the Wifi light is flashing). Previous to this occuring I had noticed the Wifi light was taking longer to start flashing and thus advertise it's AP.

One test that I need to do is to see if I can use the autoexec.ash scripts to connect the Yi's Wifi to another access point. I'll have to open it up again at some point too and see if any of the connectors have become dislodged...

Tested it and the Wifi appears to work if I put it into client mode and set it to my home Wifi network. The C&C app then does the trick, thanks Andy_S!

And the new firmware (1.2.10) has just fixed it completely. :)

Ok, guys, fixed my LED problem.
As I thought, it wasn't ok. I had two attempts:
First, after replacing LED, it worked perfectly, so went to adjust my focus again and suddenly light again stopped working. I think, there will be some kind of short circuit near lens. Next, firstly adjusted, then soldered new LED - works like a charm. Same color, just blue number 0603. In conclusion, be very careful when operating with lens. Don't know the reason of frying this light.

Back