Anyone in UK on F/W 2.0

v2.001 is out now, maybe that has improved matters?

Still trying to find the Blackvue App C from anywhere other than the google store. Using a BlackBerry phone, so no desire to start creating nasty accounts just to get one Android app that I will barley use ;-)

the idea of the Google store is to make sure you get the legit app and not one someone has modified in some way, nothing nasty about the Google store

Fair comment, but BlackVue could at least post the app on their own website.

Fair comment, but BlackVue could at least post the app on their own website.

not entirely familiar with the Google eco system but I think part of that approval and certification process that assures you it's safe means its hosted on the app store, from their own page it would just be a link to the store

Probably, just getting on my wick that more and more manufacturers and web sites want your info and you to 'sign up' to access anything. Firmware is posted it on their own site, so why not apps too? Starting to think the conspiracy theorists might be onto something ;-)
Might just bite the bullet and create a 'spam' account where any such cr*p can be directed! I'm sure a gmail account or such like will be flooded with spam from the onset. Ho hum.

Well I've gone back to V2.001 and so far so good. Only did it this evening so will see how it goes over the next few days. But GPS and cloud functions all working well so far. Even get notifications on my watch when stuff happens with the car.

This was me testing the parking mode by rocking the car.

3af0e0ac56b520e3e8cf59e04e6b6e9c.jpg

Only problem I've found so far is that it doesn't automatically reconnect to my home wifi (it's in range) when I pull on to the drive. I have to disconnect the power and then reconnect it. It will then connect straight away.

Something else I've found odd is that it doesn't seem to store parking files anymore. I've reflashed the firmware to see if that makes a difference. But I've sat in the car and waited for 15 mins after the camera has entered parking mode. No files on the SD card. But it will record an event if I slam a door or rock the car. Find it odd unless they've done it to cut down on writes to the card. But can't see why they would.

Edit: Seems it's because I had the motion sensor set to 0. I've got it set on 15 now so will leave it at that as at least it's recording and the parking recording was one of the reasons I got the camera.

Last edited:
I had this today on Faceache from them.

eead97697ecfcd4b9b0081bd495046ee.jpg

I have 1.009 and from what i see here looks like i'll be sticking with it for a while.
The newer firmware records video at a lower bitrate in order to make it a smaller file so it can be uploaded to the cloud more efficiently.
The whole purpose of getting a 1080p (Non-cheapy) dashcam was to get as best quality video possible.

Though i do like the notification of an event to your phone but my car will only ever access the internet when at home via wifi and i don't need to be notified when at home.

What i would like to see is the latest software with configuration settings to let us set the bitrate as i would like the new features but not sacrifice bitrate.
As for large files uploading... when it connects to my wifi that's not a problem.

Having looked at the footage. On a laptop the difference isn't noticeable in the quality. The files are around 47-50mb for the front cam and are set at 1min clips. A 3min clip used to take up about 180-195mb on V1.009. So about 60-65mb per 1min clip. So the difference isn't that great. Certainly not the 30-40% the file size would suggest.

The other thing I have noticed on V2.001 is that when it comes out of parking mode it locks the GPS within a couple of seconds.

Lately with V1.009 I was starting to suffer the same problem as others in that it was taking a long time to lock GPS. Sometimes 2-3mins. Initially it was max 30secs but it seemed to deteriorate.

hi can anyone see where the option to connect to a network has gone from the wifi settings in the app? It use to have a switch for cloud access and then under it had option to search for wireless network ?

Thanks

I just updated mine to version 2.0 over the weekend. Tonight I realized my GPS is NOT working. Does anyone have issue with the GPS... I am going back to 1.09 when I get home!
since I upgraded my gps isn't working

I had issues with 2.0. But 2.001 the GPS works perfectly.

Back