Anyone in UK on F/W 2.0

Prozmonkey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
Hello
Is there anyone on here in the Uk with a DR650GW-2 Channel using firmware 2.0 ?
If so how do you get on with it .... I tried it but had to go back to 1.009 as it gave me some issues .
I don't know why it gave me issues as my camera is only about 3 months old ....

Cheers

I just updated mine to version 2.0 over the weekend. Tonight I realized my GPS is NOT working. Does anyone have issue with the GPS... I am going back to 1.09 when I get home!

As for others, issues include loss of audio and wifi, though the latter might be simply because they have yet to release the IOS app for cloud. Benefits probably doubtful anyway - appear to be trading off lower recording rates for limited cloud functionality?

I just updated mine to version 2.0 over the weekend. Tonight I realized my GPS is NOT working. Does anyone have issue with the GPS... I am going back to 1.09 when I get home!
Hi
I had the same kind of issue .... gps wouldn't lock on , ie the gps led would never light up meaning there was no speed info on the recorded videos.
The video quality was poorer as well .... very jerky video.
I had a few emails back and forth with Blackvue and they advised I go back to 1.009.
They also said this cloud stuff isn't ready for the UK anyway ..... so why release it I asked ???
I never got a reply to that though surprise surprise...

I just gone back to Version 1.009. Yeap, the GPS came back... What screwed up is... After I downgraded back to 1.09 and the first reboot, my GPS came back... after I shutoff the camera, the GPS won't come back up again! So I gone back to my computer.. wipe my MicroSD the 2nd time... Redo the 1.009 downgrade... this time my GPS worked... I tried 3 reboots no issues... I am sticking with version 1.009. This cloud stuffs require you have a internet connection in your car! Who going to have that anyway! This cloud feather is dumb if you ask me.

I don't understand the need for "cloud" access either and can see no practical use for it. Blackvue would serve more people by allowing access via WiFi to a PC and fixing the "App" to have the same features as the PC program.

He3... User preferences. I kinda love this feature even I have to sacrifice the Video quality :(

Been using this for a week now.

I've just got my DR650GW 2Ch and it came with V2.0 firmware on already.

I've been doing the install this evening (not fully as it's in a C-Class Merc and i'm going to be using the Power Magic Pro). Just looking through the files then and they all have GPS working.

Well having driven in the car this morning i can confirm that the GPS is working. However it is not putting it on the video. When i watch them in the viewer app it tells me the vehicle speed on the right had side and i can view the location on the map. However on the video it just says ---MPH.

Anyone any ideas?

Carl

Well it seems the 2.0 Firmware is not working properly yet. Too many issues with the GPS. However the image quality does seem to be better on 2.0.

Anyway i have downgraded to V1.09 for now. Will wait until the 2.0 issues are fixed i think before updating again.

Shame really as the camera came with V2.0 and i wanted to use the cloud functionality.

Well it seems the 2.0 Firmware is not working properly yet. Too many issues with the GPS. However the image quality does seem to be better on 2.0.

Anyway i have downgraded to V1.09 for now. Will wait until the 2.0 issues are fixed i think before updating again.

Shame really as the camera came with V2.0 and i wanted to use the cloud functionality.

Yeah its flawed firmware somehow .... best advice I can give to anyone looking to upgrade is dont..... or if you have then the advice is downgrade to 1.009.

I had this today on Faceache from them.

eead97697ecfcd4b9b0081bd495046ee.jpg

Well having driven in the car this morning i can confirm that the GPS is working. However it is not putting it on the video. When i watch them in the viewer app it tells me the vehicle speed on the right had side and i can view the location on the map. However on the video it just says ---MPH.

Anyone any ideas?

Carl

No idea for a fix, but I can tell you that I have just the same issue.

I am thinking of 'downgrading' to V1.009, it seems all you lose is the cloud functionality, not that useful anyway if you are a 'fit-and-forget' type like me.

I currently have downgraded to V1.009

I currently have downgraded to V1.009

Went to get the V1.009 firmware and it turns out there's now a V2.001 (maybe out today), it claims to fix the ---MPH isssue in the video files, so I've installed it and sure enough I now get 000MPH, will check again after I've been for a drive, but it appears to be fixed.

Also the PC app has a new version 2.44

v2.001 is out now, maybe that has improved matters?

Still trying to find the Blackvue App C from anywhere other than the google store. Using a BlackBerry phone, so no desire to start creating nasty accounts just to get one Android app that I will barley use ;-)

Back