Anyone tested or know how long the camera stays on in parking mode with the different settings?

TakeMyCash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have:
  1. Auto Event Detection.
  2. Time Lapste Recording.
  3. Low Bitrate Recording.
How long would each mode keep the parking mode active before camera shuts down fully? Say starting volts is 12.6 and the cutoff is set to whatever (12.4/2/etc). I'm using low bitrate with 12.4 cutoff and tend to get around 16 hours of recording in parking mode but curious to know what I'd get with the others especially since I drive my car around 2-3 times per week instead of daily. I could try but I don't really want to faff around with the settings.

I could try but I don't really want to faff around with the settings.
Someone has to do it for you?
On your car and with your DVR? :unsure:
Parking recording time depends on the capacity and condition of your battery pack.

Say starting volts is 12.6 and the cutoff is set to whatever
That will vary hugely depending on the type, age and condition of the battery, so nobody can answer accurately, they can only guess and probably be wrong!

We have:
  1. Auto Event Detection.
Timelapse will last the longest, but the difference between the three is not very big, so you should decide between them based on the features, if you want to record audio then don't use time lapse, if you want to be 100% certain of catching an event, use low bitrate.

We have:
  1. Auto Event Detection.
How long would each mode keep the parking mode active before camera shuts down fully? Say starting volts is 12.6 and the cutoff is set to whatever (12.4/2/etc). I'm using low bitrate with 12.4 cutoff and tend to get around 16 hours of recording in parking mode but curious to know what I'd get with the others especially since I drive my car around 2-3 times per week instead of daily. I could try but I don't really want to faff around with the settings.

Is completely proportional to the voltage from the battery.
Among the parking modes, you will get the best efficiency with low bitrate recording and time lapse recording.

Whichever you choose, you're guessing that if you want to prolong the time you'll have to pull the voltage setting down from 12.4.

however, depending on your parking place, if it will work without a rear view, you can disable the rear camera cable during long parking times and increase your recording from 16 hours to 25-30 hours.

Don't forget this either. battery voltage is temperature sensitive. for this reason, only your own test can help you clearly due to the temperature difference between day and night.

Someone has to do it for you?
On your car and with your DVR? :unsure:
Parking recording time depends on the capacity and condition of your battery pack.
Sorry if it wasn't clear, I meant it in a generic way, not specific to my car, but just in general (although specific to the A229 yes). I was hoping maybe someone or even the manufacturer has tested this with whatever kit might let you test it (if that exists) or in whatever car with a base battery charged level, and they have the results that this mode remains active for XX hours, that mode remains active for XY hours, etc etc, and that the results show this mode gives you up to XX% more parking mode "life".

Sorry if it wasn't clear, I meant it in a generic way, not specific to my car, but just in general (although specific to the A229 yes). I was hoping maybe someone or even the manufacturer has tested this with whatever kit might let you test it (if that exists) or in whatever car with a base battery charged level, and they have the results that this mode remains active for XX hours, that mode remains active for XY hours, etc etc, and that the results show this mode gives you up to XX% more parking mode "life".
Take a look here:
There is: Power Consumption Data Spreadsheet.

Back