Anyone using a 360 dashcam?

OP
dirkzelf

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
there's two parts to any of these 360° view cameras, one is the lens but the other more important part is the playback software, normal players like VLC etc are not suitable, you could try some of the players offered with different 360 cams but it will just be trial and error to find something that works I guess
Ok, so I'll try and error.... be back later....

OP
dirkzelf

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

TJVideo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro, Vantrue N2 Pro, T-Eye ADR-3000,168CarDVR
I was wondering if anyone had seen or has tested this camera?
https://www.waylens.com/360/
I came across it by accident on YouTube and thought, WOW!

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
OTHER SENSORS
  • Radar
  • Three-axis accelerometer
  • Three-axis gyro
  • Three-axis magnetometer
Why would you put a magnetometer in a car dash camera? o_O

If it is really going to record 360 hours on it's own battery and store all the video on a 256GB card then it will be a very expensive battery and a very low quality recording...

D

Deleted member 37895

Why would you put a magnetometer in a car dash camera? o_O

If it is really going to record 360 hours on it's own battery and store all the video on a 256GB card then it will be a very expensive battery and a very low quality recording...
The magnetometer is for a compass

Shorts365

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I own this dashcam. I have some footage up on Youtube to show the quality, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it as a main camera.

The video quality is quite poor as in you can't read license plates unless the car is right in front of you 2 metres away. If you're driving, the bitrate is too low to capture moving plates or other details, so it's not that great.

I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know about it. I've had it since it was released as I bought it from their Kickstarter campain.

I use it mainly to cover my side window views, interior cabin, and give a general oversight of the front-to-side view areas in case of a crash. It works fine for that purpose. My main dashcam is a Thinkware f770 front and rear. No comparison in quality. Thinkware is way ahead.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Most dashcams the car have to be close to read a plate, but in general you should be able to do that up to a distance of 2-3 car lengths

Bobby Hickle

Reaction score
Country
United States
360 camera will help us have a wider angle of view. But by reducing the focal length of the lens for a wide viewing angle, the resolution will be poorer and the ability to see number plates will be more difficult.

98 SNAKE EATER

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's a short video testing out my Insta360 cam mounted on my moonroof

Now, I know it's not a replacement for a standard dash cam(s), but it does get some interesting shots and being able to pinch PTZ in post editing is pretty damn cool

Just curious, but has anyone here tried this panoramic 3608 dash cam?

I've seen it listed under the BlueSkySea name on EBay, Wish, AliEx, etc., but have yet to see an actual review or sample footage.