Anyone using a 360 dashcam?

Here's another from the Chick-Fil-A drive thru

You can tell the difference in quality with the plates as well as how useful the 360* can be for picking up more of the surroundings

So which is which? Is the drive thru the Bluesky or the ONe X 360? Stationary video on the drive thru is good, but how is motion?

Look for the pop up for when each cam is used

I show the same timed clip for each camera back to back

Here's another from the Chick-Fil-A drive thru

You can tell the difference in quality with the plates as well as how useful the 360* can be for picking up more of the surroundings

Insta appears to be oversaturated and very bright? Both Cameras perform well enough on capturing plates and details. Do you have both hardwired or simply using 12V cigarette lighter to power?

I have a B1W, B2W and Mini0906 all hardwired to run constant with LVC (also have a ToGuard cam wired to ignition only as a backup)

I just mounted the 360* cam temporarily on a GoPro suction cup mount for comparison, but I'd like to get a 360* dash cam to add to it

20200321-182123-Large.jpg

20200321-182129-Large.jpg

I have a B1W, B2W and Mini0906 all hardwired to run constant with LVC (also have a ToGuard cam wired to ignition only as a backup)

I just mounted the 360* cam temporarily on a GoPro suction cup mount for comparison, but I'd like to get a 360* dash cam to add to it

Dear lord you've got an overkill of coverage! How is your battery holding up with all those units being hardwired? Or are any hardwired to a battery pack to eliminate the constant strain on your car battery?

Why so many cameras? Wouldn't a Front + Rear and then a 360 Camera or a B2w be sufficent?

Dear lord you've got an overkill of coverage! How is your battery holding up with all those units being hardwired? Or are any hardwired to a battery pack to eliminate the constant strain on your car battery?

Why so many cameras? Wouldn't a Front + Rear and then a 360 Camera or a B2w be sufficent?

Than you have't seen other forum members....

Than you have't seen other forum members....

I guess not... And I thought I was paranoid with just having front + rear. The Insta360 looks like a cool addition to a front + rear setup.

If that is just 4K for the 2 cameras in total, that's actually worse then the insta 360 one X which are 5.7K in total for the 2 cameras.

I am not going there before i can get at least 8K in total 12 K preferred.

The video on their kickstarter page make me angry.

I don't see a 360 camera as a suitable standalone dashcam, they could be a really good addition to a regular dashcam setup though, and really good for parking monitoring

this one in particular though I wouldn't say I have a high level of confidence that it's not going to end it tears for those that have paid out good money on nothing more than a promise and some misleading video, would like to be wrong and think that people aren't going to get a raw deal, wait and see I guess

Last edited:

No issues with the battery (Odyssey AGM)

newbatt-5.jpg

I can go days with all of them running before the LVC kicks in

For times like these lol

(More here)

I started out with a Mini0906 cause I wanted front and rear views, then picked up a B1W for an interior shot

Unfortunately, the B1W is useless for the interior at night (unless you drive with the dome light on), so I picked up a B2W with IR

I ended up landing the TOGUARD cam dirt cheap on EBay, so I just threw it in there as a backup

No issues with the battery (Odyssey AGM)

(More here)

I started out with a Mini0906 cause I wanted front and rear views, then picked up a B1W for an interior shot

Unfortunately, the B1W is useless for the interior at night (unless you drive with the dome light on), so I picked up a B2W with IR

I ended up landing the TOGUARD cam dirt cheap on EBay, so I just threw it in there as a backup

Where was the rear video? I see the interior cabin when the car hits you, but unless I missed something, I didn't see the actual crash take place with any clarity. You could "see" the car hit you out the rear windshield but it lacked any definition or clarity. Did you not own a rear camera facing out the rear glass at the time?

Where was the rear video? I see the interior cabin when the car hits you, but unless I missed something, I didn't see the actual crash take place with any clarity. You could "see" the car hit you out the rear windshield but it lacked any definition or clarity. Did you not own a rear camera facing out the rear glass at the time?

The 1:00 mark shows the view from my rear cam :confused:

It's not clear due to limo tint and filthy glass in the middle of winter, but it was more than enough for his insurance company to admit fault :cool:

In fact, the same adjuster called me back later on asking for suggestions on which cameras to get for her family :)

The 1:00 mark shows the view from my rear cam :confused:

It's not clear due to limo tint and filthy glass in the middle of winter, but it was more than enough for his insurance company to admit fault :cool:

Got ya. Missed that part and it was blurry so didn't realize that was video shot from rear camera.

In fact, the same adjuster called me back later on asking for suggestions on which cameras to get for her family :)

I had a kid hit my car last year (rear ended). New Driver, Friend in Car, not paying attention, etc. I didn't call police as I had accident on camera - Yea I know, I've been told a million times to call cops. Got his driver's license, but he gave me wrong insurance info. Had to track him down because insurance card he gave me was in a family member's name and not his. I didn't realize it. After tracking him down, I called up the kids mom and said we're going to do this one of two ways.

1. Option 1 - I have your son on video hitting my car, want the video, give me your email. I expect proper insurance within the next 20 minutes, as I'm quite perturbed I had to exhaust the effort to find you. Your son is old enough to drive, he's old enough to know how to furnish proper information.

2. Option 2 - I file a police report with video and your son giving me improper information.

Mom got me the card.... So I called his insurance. They tried to give me some bull**** about he was using his car for business purposes and they weren't responsible. I laughed and asked the lady adjuster for her email address, I had the accident on camera, and would happily send her a copy.

Called me back 15 minutes, with Oh we had a misunderstanding, I was able to clarify he was at fault. Do you want to talk about the accident etc etc. I said nope, I'll give you my lawyer's name. We're done talking after you pulled that B.S.

I have two Mobius V1 that give me front and rear coverage. Although it didn't capture the offense center screen you can see I am in my lane and had been for a period of time before the impact which is visible on video. This kid merged into my land and hit me. Tried to claim I swerved into his lane even had his father come to the scene just before the cops showed up and started to square off trying to bait me into a physical confrontation. I kept telling both I had video but either they were not hearing me or didn't believe me. Once the Deputy showed up i stated again I had video and moments later had the card in the officers laptop reviewing the video. The father literally knocked his son into the dirt and apologized to me. That was almost 5 years ago when cameras were not as common as they are now.

Here's some 360* footage of me cruising through Old Town on Saturday with one of my 70 T/A's

Watch in YouTube App for 360 VR View on smart phone or tablet

Camera used (Insta360 One X2)

If this thing had auto looping, I would run it constantly

Here's some 360* footage of me cruising through Old Town on Saturday with one of my 70 T/A's

Holy cow, that's sweet. If this thing had hardwire and loop it'd be a game changer. You can literally see the entire car with no blindspots on your vehicle!

Nice. Looks like the focus is a bit off? The car interior is sharp, but outside looks soft.

Back