Anyone using the rear camera like an interior cabin camera?

LegendAmI

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hey everyone!

I've recently bought a "Blackvue DR750 2CH LTE" dash cam to monitor my car while parked, so I would prefer to put the rear camera on the windshield but facing at the interior.
I don't care the rear cam isn't infrared because the parking where I leave my car is always illuminated.

Do you have any experience?

I don't know about that particular camera, but generally this will work well if you can turn the EV setting on the rear camera down a few steps, otherwise the view outside will be very overexposed.

I don't know about that particular camera, but generally this will work well if you can turn the EV setting on the rear camera down a few steps, otherwise the view outside will be very overexposed.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out asap!

Now my only concern is that the coaxial cable between the front & the rear camera is too long (like 5 or 6 meters), I don't know where to place it, probably would be better to buy a new coaxial cable.
Do you know if coaxial cables are all the same or I need to buy the one from the dash cam manufacturer?

There are several different types and different size connectors. You can probably just push it all up in a coil above the headliner, unless you have a glass roof.

I don't have a glass roof so it should work, I'm gonna try in the next few days :)

Back