Are you using Viofo A139 voice notifications?

Are you using Viofo A139 voice notifications?

• I turned OFF voice notifications

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I KEEP voice notifications

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I would keep only ERROR notifications

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I would keep voice notifications but are not in MY LANGUAGE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad
Viofo A139 is the first Viofo dashcam with voice notifications.
This poll is only for people which own an A139 and they already used it for some time so they can decide if voice notification is a must or not.

I use, dont think it talk too much, i do dislike if a camera talk too much.

I like the idea of voice notifications, and I like how well they work on the A139. I have very poor hearing yet I can understand the words, so they might be loud for others.

Phil

I like the idea of voice notifications, and I like how well they work on the A139. I have very poor hearing yet I can understand the words, so they might be loud for others.

Phil
No, they are not loud, just very clear with a good accent, and use language that is easy to follow and understand.

Some other cameras that talk are very difficult to understand even with good hearing! The A139 has a very good voice.

I am keeping mine turned on, they give me confidence that the camera is working, much easier to check if the microphone or IR lamps are on by pressing the button and listening than if you have to check an icon on a screen, or sometimes even an LED.

Keep mine on, as @kamkar said it does not talk much at all so is fine by me

It'd be nice to select what notifications to sound for, and sometimes to offer the option to just beep* instead of talk. For example, entering parking mode. There's really no need to announce it to the world.

Last edited:
There's really no need to announce it to the world.
There is unlikely to be anyone listening to that one!

And apart from the start recording message, I can't see why you would want to turn any of the others off?

I am okay with giving people a chance to be decent and just do their job.
But i do strongly support any kind of personal choice in just about anything in life, so select able voice prompts would be highly appreciated by me.

There is unlikely to be anyone listening to that one!
If the colleagues all got into my car and we drove somewhere for lunch together, some of them would still be disembarking as I turned off the engine. That's when I rather not everyone look at my dashcam and start asking questions.

Where is the question?
I would keep the voice notifications, but in MY LANGUAGE

Where is the question?
I would keep the voice notifications, but in MY LANGUAGE
I think the last option covers it. I read it to mean I would keep the voice notifications but they’re not in my language.

I read it to mean I would keep the voice notifications but they’re not in my language.
There is English, German .... and mine is Russian.
Learns to save voice notifications, but they are not in my language.
Russian cannot be saved! :cry:

I'm equally happy with "beeps" which work the same in every language. If you're going to have voice it does need to be in all the most common languages as @vvs49 points out.

Phil

Back