(Ask) loop recording

kinonotabi

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Dash Cam
Junsun MT8127
Hi,

I have problem with my dashcam that can not loop in recording.
My device is Junsun MT8127 Something - Errr ... I don't exactly know its real name but I attached the picture of it

HTB1ZQ2GRXXXXXcFaXXXq6xXFXXXl.jpg

It has worked good for many functions under android OS 4.4.2 with its own interface that different from common android UI.
But not so for GPS, It is an offline iGO with outdated map which cannot reach online for searching location nor update apllication.
So I installed Waze for online GPS in it.
Unfortunately with its distinctive UI it doesn't have Google play store installed thus I installed play store application with its companion (google play service and Google Map).
With google play store it can installed Waze normally and working flawlessly.

Somehow when I start recording with its own DVR application (Others play stores dashcam application can not recognize the device) it can not loop recording.
When it had shortage storage in SD Card the application's notification appears and needed to manually confirm to erase ALL recording files.
That would negates the dashcam function to operate automatically without human interference and can re-write old files or loop recording.

not enough.jpg

I had contact the seller and he suggest me to deactivate detection crash function or made it sensor at low sensitivity but the problem is still there.
Too bad I was not tried dashcam loop before I installed Google play store and others application, so I don't know whether it's exist before or not.
And when google applications installed it can be uninstalled without reseting the devices to factory setting.
At this point I hesitate to do so before get clear answer from seller it can normally work again after resetting because it use distinct UI than common Android OS.
It might losing some crucial application ... I don't know?

So, that's the background of my troubled dashcam loop.
If any members had experienced with this problem or know some clues please help me to solved it.

Thank you

MT8127 is the processor it uses.

Your cam might need the sensitivity turning off completely. If it's too sensitive, it's "protecting" files every time you go over a little bump in the road, because it thinks you have had an accident, the protected files won't be looped over, meaning the card is getting full.

How big is the SD card memory?

I have all the sensors on my own cams (not junsun) switched off so it will only protect files if I press the event save buttons. If you can do that, do that.

MT8127 is the processor it uses.

Your cam might need the sensitivity turning off completely. If it's too sensitive, it's "protecting" files every time you go over a little bump in the road, because it thinks you have had an accident, the protected files won't be looped over, meaning the card is getting full.

How big is the SD card memory?

I have all the sensors on my own cams (not junsun) switched off so it will only protect files if I press the event save buttons. If you can do that, do that.
That's what I though first and that's exactly what seller told me to do so but that option still can't activate loop function.
My SD card just 16GB class 10 and maximum device can accept 32GB by its manual.

setting.jpg

In setting option I choose low sensitivity and even disable video hitting or crash protecting file without success in activate loop action.
Video hitting actually work fine when it is on, it create video on lock folder when crash occurs (happen accidentally while device falls from car dashboard).

Meanwhile I tried different route to solve it but needed more brains effort.
Through some automatic macros or tasker to delete files in the regular basis.
Like it or not this device still base on Android OS which can influenced by other Android's applications.
My plan is to use daily checking when it's on and then delete all files made a day before (or two depends on my settings resolution and SD card capacity).
Not a perfect loop action but it can be done to make it rolling everyday without my intervention - that's the goal.
The hard part is I'm not IT guys who can make macros, It might take some step learning by doing research on the net.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Is there a setting to turn on or off loop recording that you may have missed? I should expect there isn't, since dashcams should always loop-record, but best to ask as it's not a well known dashcam

You are right, there is no option to switch on or off for loop recording.
There are only two options available in this sub setting:
- Length of loop (consist of 1 min, 2 min and 3 min) -> default at 1 min, made loop part length per file.
- Power saving mode (consist of 1 min, 3 min, 5 min and never) -> default at never, I don't know what are these setting for?
Whatever I choose the display screen never off when at recording state.

set1.jpg

Finally my problem solved

After ticking the pin hole for reset in the device the loop recording run normally ... yay !
Seller has good communication to solved it and even offering me to update iGO GPS map

Lucky me

Nice.

I saw one of those Garmin NAV/dashcam units yesterday, must be popular here though it can not be used legal as a thing like that on the middle of the windscreen are not legal.

But funny that i now parked right beside another car with such a unit two times

Mine is located on top of windshield glass

IMG_20180105_224516.jpg

Not using suction cup it had provided but make my own design stand from 5mm acrylic by ordered it to acrylic neon box maker.
I tightened it trough car visor screw hole with nice result and still can use the visor with that method.

Of course I don't like if it hanging in the middle windshield too ... 7 inch led screen way too large to position in the center view.
Many likes such devices might come from its multi functions ability, me either.
How can I not liked it? while it can act as dashcam + GPS + rear Camera parking + many Androids applications (if it based on Android OS).
Many devices can avoided just using one multi functions device

Even on higher types they can run full fledged android applications for streaming audio / video, call / hold phone via bluetooth, radar to detect many car in front / street lines, etc

Last edited:
I always forget about the pinhole reset buttons! :D

Back