Asking again as what I have isn't working out

PlumbersCrack

Reaction score
Country
United States
First off I would like to thank those of you that actually go through all these posts and answer the same thing over and over again with a bit of a different answer depending on what the user is looking for. I came here some months back and asked about some cams and I ended up picking up the mini0806. I am back now because the 0806 has been nothing but problems for me so looking for a new solution. I upped by budget to about 400 now as I decided that I would prefer a 2 channel system so I can put one in the rear of the vehicle. Looking for the best quality that I can get for both day and night as well as either a screen or wifi access. I live in Southern California and go back and forth between here and Texas so it will see hot temps half of the year. Thanks again for the input.

For hot temps you need capacitor based dashcams.
Do you need a full parking mode as well ?

I do not need/use parking mode. This is mainly for my long hauls cross country. I also don't need GPS.

Welcome back, we all start off with a starter cam. I struggled with a mini 0801 back in 2013 for a few months before realizing I was better off to increase my budget and quality. (when I was a regular user) Oddly enough all the problems and learning experience lead me to getting into the business all together. :) So long story short I feel your pain.

If your first choice was Mini 0806, I assume stealth installation is important to you, right ? What car do you drive, just to understand options of stealth install, especially for rear windows.

This will be going in a 2010 Toyota Prius. I do like the stealthier look as I cannot see the dashcam from where I sit and either can my passenger. It is tucked away neatly behind the rearview mirror. From the outside it is also hard to see since I have the advanced tech package on my car so its already big and bulky up there. Other people being able to see it isn't a real problem for me but the more discrete the better. For the rear it is gonna be a mission since the prius has a very stupidly angled rear window unless I mount it on the lower part.

If you're wanting to buy now the Street Guardian SG9665GC and SGZC12RC are a pretty popular combination.

There's a wifi version of the SG9665GC due at some point and that would also make a nice addition to their family.

Choice wise if you want GPS only the SG9665GC has that and parking mode wise you'd be looking at the SGZC12RC if you want discrete or the old faithful Panorama G / SGZC12SG which just keeps on going!

Personally I've got the SG9665GC up front on test along with a Panorama X2 (dual channel setup) and a Lukas LK7950 (dual channel with wifi).

On pure image quality the SG9665GC and Panorama X2 are superior as the Lukas has a restricted bitrate - the X2 has taken time to mature but it's just about there now. For the folks car I wanted something bullet proof which is why they have the Panorama G in there.

I'm still deciding on what to put in the rear of their car and the Mobius is one option (just not so fantastic at night) - the lazy option would be to pop the Lukas in there but the software still isn't 100% on that one although in all fairness none of the dual channel setups are currently 100% there which is why two single options can work better for now while bugs are being ironed out.

If you're wanting to buy now the Street Guardian SG9665GC and SGZC12RC are a pretty popular combination.

There's a wifi version of the SG9665GC due at some point and that would also make a nice addition to their family.

Choice wise if you want GPS only the SG9665GC has that and parking mode wise you'd be looking at the SGZC12RC if you want discrete or the old faithful Panorama G / SGZC12SG which just keeps on going!

Personally I've got the SG9665GC up front on test along with a Panorama X2 (dual channel setup) and a Lukas LK7950 (dual channel with wifi).

On pure image quality the SG9665GC and Panorama X2 are superior as the Lukas has a restricted bitrate - the X2 has taken time to mature but it's just about there now. For the folks car I wanted something bullet proof which is why they have the Panorama G in there.

I'm still deciding on what to put in the rear of their car and the Mobius is one option (just not so fantastic at night) - the lazy option would be to pop the Lukas in there but the software still isn't 100% on that one although in all fairness none of the dual channel setups are currently 100% there which is why two single options can work better for now while bugs are being ironed out.

Thanks for the information. Overall, how would you rate the Panorama X2?

Thanks for the information. Overall, how would you rate the Panorama X2?

X2 has excellent day/night video quality. The firmware has had a few growing pains. The latest firmware is much better now. It's best used with the Lexar x633 MLC microSD cards.

X2 has excellent day/night video quality. The firmware has had a few growing pains. The latest firmware is much better now. It's best used with the Lexar x633 MLC microSD cards.

How would you rate it compared to the Blackvue 650?

How would you rate it compared to the Blackvue 650?

Blackvue generally has low bitrate unless you install the hacked Russian firmware. (which doesn't seem easy to do) It's not so bad after all that.
WiFi is fun at first but the wow factor wears off. You'll soon find it's not really all that useful to transfer files quickly.
If you need to look at a lot of video you're better off reading the card directly.
Last time I saw side by side videos, X2 looked better than Blackvue in my opinion.

Back