Audio Problem

In addition, GPS unit pulse speech is always generated before and after speech synthesis.

that could be the speaker turn on and off sound but need to check out first.

knwatkins,We can only suppose there is something wrong with the micphone in your GPS module. Let's ship you a new GPS module to check out.
please send me a message for your shipping address, Thanks.

Rayman

This would be good to try Rayman. I have sent you my shipping address. When it arrives, I will let you know if it resolves the problem.

What is interesting is that I can hear the noise if I listen close to the GPS speaker. It is this noise that is going back into the microphone and getting recorded.

It is a video of the click noise that was taken last night.

High frequency pink noise and click noise occur.

Pink noise is a very high frequency, so it is audible to people with good ears.
It sounds like tinnitus, but is very low in volume.

Click noise is a click noise with a volume that can be confirmed in this video.

I can't believe that the manufacturer didn't realize at the time of development.

we can't source a problem without any evidence. please get a video

High frequency pink noise and click noise occur.

Pink noise is a very high frequency, so it is audible to people with good ears.
It sounds like tinnitus, but is very low in volume.

Click noise is a click noise with a volume that can be confirmed in this video.
I can't believe that the manufacturer didn't realize at the time of development.

I Attached is a video for feedback for debugging.
(Manufacturers can check and debug bugs based on the situation of users.)

Why do manufacturers get angry with buyers when we report defects?
The focus of conversation is all changed by the manufacturer.
Ascertained from the context, in all cases, the answer by the manufacturer is `` an act of answering on the assumption of the user's mistake '' of the person who reports the defect like me, and the photos extracted from the video are also photos without my personal permission Harassment acts such as uploading
(Manufacturers do not accept defects.)

So far, all my bug reports have been ignored.

From the seller and the developer, the answer is only from the viewpoint of a beginner. Even though it is an expensive product, there is no initial defect replacement by the manufacturer or seller.

These bug reports were reported by e-mail, but they were all ignored and not finally resolved.

Therefore, I am currently commenting in an easy-to-understand place.

Consumers and I are not enemies.
With a focus on correction and development, manufacturers' products will become more reliable and quality products.

I write too much because it is not officially supported.
I'm really sorry about that.

I want you to reconsider as a developer.
I pray that K2S is a genuinely good product.

Thank you carefully.

Comment to general users.

I am not going to criticize the manufacturer.
Also, I do not intend to blame the manufacturer.

If the product problem, such as a restart problem (initial camera failure) or the current trouble, is solved, I will probably only suggest new features.

If all the products are excellent, it will be very happy.
A perfect product is difficult. (All products in my small country are incomplete.)

The product evolves according to the user's opinion.
Whether the manufacturer accepts concerns from users.

@Rayman.Chan
Trust you and the company
I understand that you hate bug reports, but please do your best for the users.

Have a good weekend.

Thank you in advance.

no, the GPS microphone is connected to recorder micphone, it can't be disabled seperated.

Thank you Rayman.Chan.

I know you are sending a new GPS unit to me. Shipping to the UK may take some weeks.

In the meantime, do you think I could remove the microphone from the GPS unit? (de-solder it) Then, the main unit microphone would be used instead?

In the meantime, do you think I could remove the microphone from the GPS unit? (de-solder it) Then, the main unit microphone would be used instead?
@knwatkins
Thank you for always good comments.
I am an ordinary user reading your comments.

The manufacturer may say that disassembling will void the warranty, but there is a solution.

[When the piezo element (speaker) of the GPS unit functions as a microphone]
Disabling the microphone will also end the function as a speaker.

[When the microphone and speaker are installed in separate circuits]
There is a high possibility that environmental noise (such as switching power supply noise) will occur when the microphone is removed.

Therefore, if the microphone is a condenser microphone, there is also a method to solve the problem by short-circuiting the microphone terminal.
(In this case, it is best to connect a resistor or treat it as a simple jumper wire, depending on the design of the circuit being used.)

After that, if no click noise is recorded in the audio of the video, I think your K2S is perfect.

@Rayman.Chan
Let's have a good conversation with everyone.
I just want to talk normally to solve it.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Yudia. The speaker and microphone are separate components. See here:
GPS.jpg

I am hoping that removing the microphone will not disable audio recording entirely. I hope that the microphone in the main unit will still function. I agree that a resistor would be a good idea. One thing I was afraid of if I decide to do this was the change in impedance and whether this may cause any distortion.

Warranty is not too much of a concern because Rayman is shipping a new GPS unit to me anyway. This is just an experiment on my faulty unit :)

@knwatkins
Thank you for the composition image.

In this case, it appears that a condenser microphone is being used.

Although not shown in the figure, I think that there is a power supply for condenser microphones and an A / D converter, so that the microphone can be disabled with only a short circuit or simple resistance.

You are an engineer who cares about impedance (^^)

If the microphone is completely removed and the terminal is floated, it will cause a lot of noise.
(A terminator resistor is required. In this case, a ceramic capacitor may be used to protect the power circuit of the microphone.)

Also, when removing the microphone, you must investigate the wiring structure of the base throughput.

In the case of a multi-layer board, it leads to an unexpected failure.

The GPS unit with a microphone sends digital signals to the K2S with an A / D converter.

K2S will also have an A / D converter dedicated to the internal microphone.

Therefore, it is wise to handle GPS microphones with jumpers.

Please let me know the results.
Perhaps it is a good result.

Thank you carefully.

You are an engineer who cares about impedance (^^)

You have found me out Yudia :D

The problem is having the time to do the job. If I do this, I will report back.

Hopefully though, the replacement GPS unit from Rayman will also solve the problem.

@knwatkins

You are very interactive and technical.
From the talk, I understand your professional technical field. (* ^^ *)

When the problem is solved, I am happy to think of a solution.

Best regards (^^)

So I have received the replacement GPS module today and......

......I still have the same problem :cry:

Even with the speaker set to 'off' in settings, if I place my ear next to the GPS module, I can hear the noise coming from the speaker.

This noise is then being picked up by the microphone.

I have now tried different GPS module, different cables, different placement of the GPS module and also independent battery power supply.

@Rayman.Chan any idea on what to try next?

I have never tried to put my ear to the GPS antenna / speaker / microphone / LED light, i will try to see if i can get my ear on it where it is placed in the upper left corner of my windscreen.

So, I've solved the problem via a modification.

I opened the GPS module and located the microphone...
IMG_20191224_150049.jpg

Desoldered the microphone and removed it....
IMG_20191224_151205a.jpg

Therefore, this means that only the internal microphone in the K2S main unit is used to record audio and the annoying grasshopper sound is not recorded.

@knwatkins

Good, but this condenser mic probably uses quality products.

A condenser microphone that can detect and record environmental sounds.

If satisfied with only the K2S main unit speaker,
There is also a way to remove only the GPS module speaker line while keeping the microphone on the board.
(When installing again, pay attention to the polarity of the condenser microphone)

Also, I thought that piezo speakers were used.
About the speaker used, it is a passive speaker.

Since the voice synthesis LSI and Class D amplifier are not shown in the photograph, it is estimated that click noise is generated due to power control of the Class D amplifier used in the K2S main unit.

Perhaps the audio amplifier is controlled to save power.

I thought about it, but wouldn't it improve with the K2S main unit volume muted?
Currently, I'm waiting for a replacement product and can't check the mute status.

I will report again if I improve with mute.

Good year-end and New Year.

Hello Yudia, I hope you are well.

I did not know there is a speaker in the K2S main unit. I thought there is only a speaker in the GPS module.

I have always had the speaker turned off in settings because I do not want any K2S sounds. Unfortunately though, even then, the speaker still emits the noise.

thank you for your kindness.

I thought that the microphone was receiving the noise of the speaker mounted on the GPS unit, so I did not expect the problem that the noise would appear even if the voice synthesis was muted.

Your answer may be correct.

There is also hope that this noise can be removed by using a specific high-cut filter in a VLC player or the like.

However, this is not a bug fix but another means.

have a good new year too (*^^)v

Has there been any more updates on this as I have the same issue on my unit...

Unfortunately not Liam :( Lee at Combi is aware of this issue because I have reported it to him previously.

The only recommendation I can make is to remove the microphone within the GPS module. I appreciate that you will probably not want to do this on a brand new unit as it will void any warranty.

I was sent a spare GPS module direct from CamDii in China in case the first one was faulty, but they both exhibited the same behaviour. The upside was that I now had one I could experiment with.

Last edited:
I'm happy because everyone is fine.

The replacement K2S I received did not include a replacement rear camera. (Other issues)

Main subject
I sometimes cut off the speaker (GND) wiring of the GPS module and are verifying it.
(Because the manufacturer leaves multiple issues)

Click noise is no longer recorded to the microphone when the speaker GND is cut. (However, this time I could not fully verify the sound due to the time.)

I'm also waiting for a bug-fixed firmware release.

However, due to trends so far, manufacturers only offer short-term support when selling products.

I am in trouble as a consumer because the manufacturer does not respond.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yudia K2S 2
Yudia K2S 49
Back