Audio Recording Problem

CKae

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hi guys, newbie here.

First of all, thanks to the great info from DashCamTalk, I bought my first dash cam, which is G1W. I bought it from estore009 with firmware version 2013.0925.01.

The video quality is great enough, however I have a problem with recording audio. Every time I turn on the cam it works fine for random minutes, i.e. video with sound. But then suddenly it just stops recording audio.

It seems it's a software problem, because audio recording works (though only for a few minutes each time...)

Anyone else with this problem? I have just sent an email to estore009 as well, hope they can reply asap.

Everybody buy only from estore009? Someone from Saddle?
Wish you to quick solve your audio recording problem.

Everybody buy only from estore009? Someone from Saddle?
Wish you to quick solve your audio recording problem.

i bought my few months ago from saddle

Hi guys, newbie here.

First of all, thanks to the great info from DashCamTalk, I bought my first dash cam, which is G1W. I bought it from estore009 with firmware version 2013.0925.01.

The video quality is great enough, however I have a problem with recording audio. Every time I turn on the cam it works fine for random minutes, i.e. video with sound. But then suddenly it just stops recording audio.

It seems it's a software problem, because audio recording works (though only for a few minutes each time...)

Anyone else with this problem? I have just sent an email to estore009 as well, hope they can reply asap.

dit you try to play arounf by setting the record cycle loop time to different values?

dit you try to play arounf by setting the record cycle loop time to different values?

I tried 3 and 5 minutes, problem still exists. Haven't try 10 though.

Just got a reply from estore009. They asked me to send a video clip. Will do that later today.

which sd card are you using?
are you using original power adapter?
did you try resetting your camera to factory settings?

Are you having audio issues when you playback through the camera or through something like VLC player? With my DVR-027 sometimes the audio would drop in VLC player, but it would come back after i move the seek slider around on the video a few times.

which sd card are you using?
are you using original power adapter?
did you try resetting your camera to factory settings?
Transcend 32GB Class 10 UHS-1, formatted with G1W. Tried with Sandisk 8GB Class 4, same problem
Yes, original power adapter, and tried other ones, same problem
Yes, resetted and brought the cam to Russian language lol, problem still exists

Are you having audio issues when you playback through the camera or through something like VLC player? With my DVR-027 sometimes the audio would drop in VLC player, but it would come back after i move the seek slider around on the video a few times.
played back using both the cam and on Windows with MPC-HC and Windows Media Player, same

Sample clip here:
Notice at 0:11 you hear a click and then the audio's gone

Last edited:
I have same firmware version, have not had audio problems (yet). For the heck of it, try this - go to video menu, set 'audio recording' to off, format card in camera, go back and change 'audio recording' to 'on'. Makes no sense, but can't think of anything else to try right now.

Try setting video resolution to 720 30 fps, see if the audio problem persists.

I'm thinking it's more of a hardware problem now (probably the mic?). Sometimes the cam just doesn't record audio at all. Turning it on and off for several times MIGHT make it works normally for a few seconds or minutes.

Let's see how the seller deals with it.

A quick update, seller also thinks it's hardware problem, willing to send me a new one when I return the faulty unit. They are even willing to pay for postage (probably because it's not that expensive from Hong Kong to Shenzhen).

A quick update, seller also thinks it's hardware problem, willing to send me a new one when I return the faulty unit. They are even willing to pay for postage (probably because it's not that expensive from Hong Kong to Shenzhen).
Sucks that you have to send it back and wait, but at least seller will cover return postage. Hopefuly your new one will work well.

i got the blue version from estore009 and occasionally there's trippy sounds effects that start then stop in the background audio, doesn't bother me i wanted it for the excellent video quality.

Update: Vicky sent me back a black one with firmware version 2013.05237.01. Everything works fine except the constant wavy background noise which is very loud to my opinion... (Oooh and the loose USB plug as well!)

As far as I remember, the faulty one with firmware 2013.0925.01 that I sent back also had the background noise, but it was not constant and was much lower in volume. (Of course I'm talking when the cam was working properly, lol.)

So if anyone is going to buy a G1W, I would recommend the one with firmware 2013.0925.01, as the background noise is lower and it doesn't have the loose USB plug problem.

Just my 2 cents.

that audio warble seems inherent to the chipset, the downside of onboard audio I guess, it may be more or less noticeable depending on the version but it's always there, have yet to see anyone that has solved it completely, perhaps someone will at some stage but most likely in some new version product as firmware development doesn't really happen on entry level products

Thanks for comments on its Audio problem!
According to our QC staff experiences,it will be Ok if you plug into car cig lighter for power source!
If low battery status or other FM inferrence,it will generate noise also!

I don't have an audio problem in my car with the G1W w/FW 20131017.
I don't have a problem with my second G1W used only in the office so far, w/FW 20130925 but I'll try it in the car later today.
As far as I know I've never had a low battery status but I know that there are places that I visit that 'leak' some 'noise' that seriously impairs my car radio, I'll visit at least 1 place today to see if it also affects the G1W audio.

Back