[AUS] loose wheel almost hits motorcyclist

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
another fine gem from the folks at DCOA - the title is perfect. and now i have that song stuck in my head. :p

... more hubless trailers and a crap in my pants! :D

Last edited:
In all my years driving, I have never seen a wheel independently traveling towards me! Not that I want to, mind you :confused:

Those truck wheels on the loose in Russian dashcam videos do create a lot of damage when they hit somthing :eek:

Those truck wheels on the loose in Russian dashcam videos do create a lot of damage when they hit somthing :eek:
even a regular wheel/tire from an average car such as a toyota corolla weighs around 40-50 lbs. multiply that by whatever speed it was doing when it left its vehicle, combined with the oncoming vehicle's speed, and yeah - it's gonna hurt. then consider that heavy duty truck tire/wheel assy's can easily weigh over 100 lbs and up. plus they run much higher pressures so when they hit you, it might as well be solid rock.

there was an autocross event where a subaru wrx lost a wheel at around 50 mph and it hit a person who tried to stop the wheel. it broke their leg. and kept going. then it hit a curb and bounced 15 feet up into a tree where it got stuck. completely destroyed the front fender of the wrx, as well as the bottom of the brake rotor where it landed.

intertia's a b*tch.

Back