old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c

Promo ends on the 24th

Ausdom A261 for $70 on Gearbest ....
I dont know , but my A261 has been fantastic ...

YES... it is on sale for $66.99 if you are not jittery buying from them (ends today):
I bought one on June 5th ... and never received any tracking number other than it shipped note 3 weeks ago.
I chatted last week online and was told i should be getting it this week with no other info.
I checked their web today and there was a thumb nail picture: showing a package with my name/address ... being sent from Czechoslovakia with no date or anything for tracking
I don't know what is going on here:
but if I don't get anything by the end of the month I am going to file a grievance with PP.

Attachments

• a261 Tracking-shipping.jpg
    a261 Tracking-shipping.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 7
  • A261-66.JPG
    A261-66.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I emailed the seller this morning and finally got the tracking information which shows: Shipped from CZ on 6-3-2016 and delivered on June 5, 2016 (where?).
My order was placed on 6/6/2016 and according to email from Gearbest shipped on June 7, 2016
I just replied to demand a refund and if I don't hear back from them before the end of the day, I will contact Paypal.

Attachments

• Tracking 6-22-16b.JPG
    Tracking 6-22-16b.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 2
YES... it is on sale for $66.99 if you are not jittery buying from them (ends today):
I bought one on June 5th ... and never received any tracking number other than it shipped note 3 weeks ago.
I chatted last week online and was told i should be getting it this week with no other info.
I checked their web today and there was a thumb nail picture: showing a package with my name/address ... being sent from Czechoslovakia with no date or anything for tracking
I don't know what is going on here:
but if I don't get anything by the end of the month I am going to file a grievance with PP.
I know there is a wonderful place to post your complain.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/never-buy-from-gearbest.16115/
:D:D:D

Something is fishy: the package with my name/address was sitting along the tracking i posted.
The dates of order and shipping from the tracking site and the emails I have from PP and Gearbest do not match.
The Tracking site says it was shipped on June 3 when I ordered A261 on the June 5th...
And they say it was delivered on June 5 which is the same day I ordered.
A letter posted in Europe takes around 1 week (1st class mail) to reach destination in the US... let alone a package sent economy class.
The distance between CZ and Florida US is about 6000 km.
I ordered things from China before from small sellers, and never had such a mess.

Thanks...
Do you think the web master could transfer it there or should I repost it?
yeah, I think if you sent a mess to nick Gearbest in this forums, your problem will be solve for sure. If you contact to her sooner, you may have a discount :D
But only because you are a member of DCT, if you are no-one, your money can be waste for nothing. If someone ask me: Should I buy from GB ? Surely I will say: No. You shouldn't not. ;)
Their custom service is suck.

If the shipping was free = There is no tracking ...
A lot of online sellers may quote a shipping con note number , which is generated when the ( Mail service ) parcel / package is put into the system for shipping ..
This is some time generated at the time of the order and can be misleading ...
Ebay sellers do it all the time ...

So if you sell 1000 items a day , do you rush to the post office 100 time a day ?
No , your item is packaged , the computer spits out a label and at the same time generates a con note ( digital ) .. Some times generated automatically at the time of sale ...
A contractor then should arrive in a van ( quite possibly a scooter or motor bike with a basket ) and delivers to the mail contractor ( sorting house ) , mail is sorted and delivered to where ever it needs to be ( Airport Holding ? )
I dont know China mail that well ) But apparently there are more than one contractor working out of China ... ( So which one ) ( CZ , ''''' ...... Oh dear ! ) Eastern European mail (?) I have heard some not so great things ...

Anyhow , in China free mail goes last .. If there is too much paid mail , then free mail can sit on the floor until space opens up ...
So if your parcel is at the bottom of the free pile , well what can I say ? It took 90+ days for my Torx drivers to get to me .. ( yes I had given up )

So , you want it faster from China , PAY for postage !
If you go the free route , than its just something else to slow things down from the usual ...

Tracking from China is not trustworthy.
I had few items saying it's shipping with last location China even after I already got it.
Also shipping time varies.
Sellers hesitate to refund if they already shipped it as they'll be out of the product, shipping cost on top because most buyers will keep the product after it arrives late for free so they try to wait longer vs refunding something that's not yet shipped.

Tracking from China is not trustworthy.
I had few items saying it's shipping with last location China even after I already got it.
Also shipping time varies.
Sellers hesitate to refund if they already shipped it as they'll be out of the product, shipping cost on top because most buyers will keep the product after it arrives late for free so they try to wait longer vs refunding something that's not yet shipped.

According to the Tracking mine was shipped from CZ... not from china on 6/3/16
According to the Tracking my order shipped and was delivered before I even place the order itself on 6/5/16 at 6 pm eastern time.
According to the Tracking it took only 3 days from start to finish (delivery)... from CZ to FL.

According to the Tracking mine was shipped from CZ... not from china on 6/3/16
According to the Tracking my order shipped and was delivered before I even place the order itself on 6/5/16 at 6 pm eastern time.
According to the Tracking it took only 3 days from start to finish (delivery)... from CZ to FL.
As I said, tracking is not trustworthy unless it's the expedited service like DHL.

If the shipping was free = There is no tracking ...
A lot of online sellers may quote a shipping con note number , which is generated when the ( Mail service ) parcel / package is put into the system for shipping ..
This is some time generated at the time of the order and can be misleading ...
Ebay sellers do it all the time ...

That is not what I was told at the US Post Office today: If a parcel has a Tracking Number (Foreign or Domestic) it is put into the USPS (US POSTAL SERVICE) Tracking when it is first received by them regardless if the shipping is free or not... and they entered my Tracking Number to search, and it did not come up in the Postal Service Tracking ... and therefore they neither received the Parcel nor delivered it to me or to anyone!

Last edited:
Hmmmm ....
Did you get a real tracking number (?) That is the question ..
Get on google , search global tracking , try out the tracking number and see if any online tracking sites report it as being valid or in the system ..
You should be able to track from the source , not destination .. Especially if its in transit or being held up some where ...
So , who is shipping ( The shipper = postal carrier ) , go on their site ( Source of shipment ) and see whats what ..

Hmmmm ....
Did you get a real tracking number (?) That is the question ..
Get on google , search global tracking , try out the tracking number and see if any online tracking sites report it as being valid or in the system ..
You should be able to track from the source , not destination .. Especially if its in transit or being held up some where ...
So , who is shipping ( The shipper = postal carrier ) , go on their site ( Source of shipment ) and see whats what ..

I am getting very confused with all this nonsense: I just became aware that the Tracking # that Gearbest gave me was previously used in June 2015 in CZ.... and the tracking search Message dates back also to June 2015 ( I totally missed the year!).... I wonder: Why would Gearbest give me a year old used Tracking number, along with a Pic of an envelop package with my name and address on it with the same Tracking Number (again).
The shipper is: CZ Post... according to the Sticker on the Parcel/Envelop with my name.
It wouldn't do any good to use the Fake/old/outdated (2015) Tracking number from Gearbest... because I kept getting the same results: Package delivered in 3 days : not in the US, but probably somewhere in CZ or nearby.
Your question: "Did you get a real tracking number (?) That is the question .."; is right on... how did I miss that in the first place?...
Unfortunately they used the same Tracking Number again for my parcel ( I can read it on the pic of the package).
Thanks !

Last edited:
Back