Ausdom A261 Stops Recording Intermittently. Help Please

JamesDixon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello everyone.

I recently bought an Ausdom A261 Dashcam.

I've read multiple reviews, posts etc on here and can't seem to find anything about the problem I'm having.

When I'm driving, above the "down arrow" button, there is an exclamation mark (!) in a triangle.

I've noticed that sometimes, while driving, the camera stops recording. If I start it again, it stops after a few mins.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

This is my first dash cam, and the manual wasn't overly clear on how to set it up, so I'm not sure if this is a user issue or there is something wrong with it.

Has anyone come up with a "suggested settings" for this camera?

Thanks
James

I am currently using a Samsung 64 Gig Evo card. I do have an older 8 gig card and will give it a try today.

Thanks for the suggestion.

James

Format the card in the camera.

Not sure if I saw exclamation icon on mine.
Does the manual say what that is?
Is the G-sensor set at high sensitivity?

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have done the following:

1) Re-formatted my Samsung 64Gig SD card while it was in the A261. Still get the " ! " sign in the triangle just above the down button. If I push the "down button", the icons above the buttons dissapear and the " ! " in the triangle then moves to the top of the screen. It then stops recording after 5 mins.

2) I have tried 2 other SD cards in the camera (after formating both of them). I still get the same problem

3) I have turned off the G- Sensor, Parking Mode etc to remove any variables that might be causing this. Still the same problem.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

James

You mean this exclamation sign?

20151012_075028-mic-hdr-jpg.17877

That's just telling you to press the down arrow to save the video as an event so it doesn't overwrite it.
It is not an issue.
When you press the down arrow when you see something interesting or accident, it locks the current video as an event/incident and the exclamation will move to top of the screen telling you that the video is locked.
That's it.

Hi Sunny,

Ok, thanks very much. So that is the "!" sign I was seeing on mine. So I know that's not connected to the recording just stopping on it's own.

So, after the camera records for a while, the red recording light turns off, and the recording stops (it no longer shows a 5 minute timer for the loop) and just shows the correct time.

Any thoughts on why that might be happening?

Thanks
James

Do you have loop recording on?

Format the card in the camera.

Test the card with h2testw program.

Hi Sunny,

I have the record mode set to 5 mins. If it's set to 5 mins, does that mean that the "loop" mode is automatically on, or is there also an option to turn the loop off?

I will do a test on both of my SD cards tonight when I get home. Again, thanks for your help with this. At first I thought the camera was defective but there is a very good chance this is user error as I'm not familiar with these cameras and the instructions were not great for a simpleton like myself.

James

ok. I think I have managed to get it to keep recording after doing another format and hard reset of the device.

Does anyone know how to find the setting for the pink line and blue line that I had to adjust on the screen when I first set it up? I can't seem to find that option anymore.

Also, for anyone that buys one of these, the online manual is much better than the paper manual that came in the box.

Thanks for all of your help.

James

Hello there,

just registered on this forum to get an answer to a question regarding the recently bought Ausdom A261. Everything seems to be working fine except the GPS. There's no satellite icon on the main screen at all! I've tried resetting the unit several times, played with other settings, but the GPS is still missing, nothing is there where it should be in the top left corner.

I had the unit connected in the car and also through USB cable in a plug to the mains, no difference whatsoever. Still no green GPS satellite icon.

Do I have a faulty unit?

Have you gone into the menu and checked the 'satellite info' page?
It will show you the sats received, signal strength.
If the gps is working, it usually locks so quickly, I almost forget what it looks like if not working or locked.

Everything seems to be working fine except the GPS. There's no satellite icon on the main screen at all!
There should be an icon.
09VWTzX.jpg

If there is no icon where the satellite with the red line is the only thing I could think of is that either you ended up with a non GPS A261 look alike. (like this) or yours was flashed with a non GPS firmware because if your GPS has malfunctioned I would imagine you still would see that icon, but just never get a lock.

Yes, check if GPS is off.

Have you gone into the menu and checked the 'satellite info' page?
It will show you the sats received, signal strength.
If the gps is working, it usually locks so quickly, I almost forget what it looks like if not working or locked.

Thanks for the tip, but there's no such a setting as satellite info among the other settings, I've seen some of the YouTube videos and this particular column is simply missing. The GPS icon isn't there at all. I'm starting to think I got a faulty unit. Bought it from gearbest BTW.

Here's what the menu should look like with satellite info settings:

There should be an icon.
09VWTzX.jpg

If there is no icon where the satellite with the red line is the only thing I could think of is that either you ended up with a non GPS A261 look alike. (like this) or yours was flashed with a non GPS firmware because if your GPS has malfunctioned I would imagine you still would see that icon, but just never get a lock.

Hi the unit seems to be genuine, the box and all other accessories match what I've seen in the unboxing videos online and the local forum.

Here's what the menu should look like with satellite info settings:

There's no satellite info among the settings, it's simply missing:(. Would explain the missing icon as well.

The firmware info says CAR DV 50 ARAK150718A.

Interestingly enough, what I've noticed, in the actual manual book there's no mention of the satellite info column among the settings, although it mentions the GPS function under GPS tracking:
"Install the bracket correctly, and connect with DC power through Micro USB port. There is a GPS mark on the top left corner of the screen
(well guess what, there isn't in my unit!) If showing (satellite icon crossed), unit is still searching GPS satellites. If (satellite icon active) icon is on screen, the unit has been positioning properly. Play the videos by our GPS player, car location and running route etc will be display on Google Maps."

So the unit I have is a malfunctioned unit, correct? Anything I can do to fix it myself?

Any help is much appreciated:)

Last edited:
Not sure.
Try resetting the camera.

If that doesn't work, look for firmware.
Maybe wrong fw installed.

Post a video of your menu settings.

Back