AV hook up to car Stereo

Will the camera allow a always on video display while recording when hooked up to a remote video screen my stereo

Will the camera allow a always on video display while recording when hooked up to a remote video screen my stereo
Only if you set "LCD time out" to OFF ;)

A poor example of what I hope to do ,or at very least can always review recordings in the car.
uploadfromtaptalk1459654500357.png

If I'm successful with this I'll uploaded a video but it'll be a couple days

Does it apply only to SG9665GC, or to whole Novatek range, or it's depending on how firmware is set ? I remember in the past few other dashcams ( Amba or TI based? ), they had AV out in sync with LCD time-out.
But with SG9665GC you are right, I went and tested it. AV OUT out is Live 24/7.

The one thing with many of those 3.5mm to RCA cables is that there might not have corresponding plug PINs vs RCA plug colour. In my case audio RCA ( white colour ) is acting as a Video output. So it is always test and try.

Also I can confirm that included accessory "3-pin plug GPS antenna extension cable" works for AV-Out in combination with 4-pin plug AV-RCA cable.

2016-04-03 10.39.41.jpg

2016-04-03 10.41.18.jpg

2016-04-03 10.39.41.jpg

2016-04-03 10.41.48.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about other products, not the kind of feature I normally test on other manufacturers stuff

Does it apply only to SG9665GC, or to whole Novatek range, or it's depending on how firmware is set ? I remember in the past few other dashcams ( Amba or TI based? ), they had AV out in sync with LCD time-out.
But with SG9665GC you are right, I went and tested it. AV OUT out is Live 24/7.

The one thing with many of those 3.5mm to RCA cables is that there might not have corresponding plug PINs vs RCA plug colour. In my case audio RCA ( white colour ) is acting as a Video output. So it is always test and try.

Also I can confirm that included accessory "3-pin plug GPS antenna extension cable" works for AV-Out in combination with 4-pin plug AV-RCA cable.

View attachment 22054

View attachment 22051

View attachment 22054

View attachment 22052
Excellent thanks for all the work

I would like to use the AV output from my SG9665gc to give a larger view on my double din Sony head deck.
The AV plug format on the dash cam is 3.5mm Jack.
I assume it is mono audio plus video.

Question, does it use a 3 ring plug or a 4 ring plug?
There seems to be no standard way of wiring these plugs.
Anybody have their AV out working can tell me if it is 3 ring or 4 ring plug please?
I will only need the video, not going to wire in the audio.
I can purchase either type of plug, and am ready to solder it on ....

image.jpeg
For AV out, I think you are advising this one, probably the black RCA is for video.

(Normally this 3.5mm Jack is used for stereo audio to left plus right RCA's)
Plug format is 3.5mm TRS
(T =Tip= left channel, R=Ring= right channel, S= Sleeve = Ground).

the leads are not always wired the same for video so you may just have to try and see which plug gives video, keep in mind it's only an SD output so won't match the quality of the recording, I guess not really something you'd drive around with on all the time though anyway

I have video working from AV out on my SG9655gc.
On a 3.5mm TRS plug, it uses the tip for audio, the ring for video, and the sleeve is ground.
This works:
image.jpeg Thanks for the guidance, I

Has anyone been able to interface this for HDMI use? (My vehicle has HDMI inputs, for one of its build in screens) I don't necessarily care about audio.

Has anyone been able to interface this for HDMI use? (My vehicle has HDMI inputs, for one of its build in screens) I don't necessarily care about audio.

You would need to find a composite RCA to HDMI converter box. It would'nt be HD though. (And only 4:3) Only the actual .MOV file being recorded will be Full HD 16:9 (1080P) so not sure it's worth the hassle.

Back