B1W Blueseasky no audio except through phone

Jindesu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried to download the MP4 file from my B1W blueseasky and with the exception of VLC player (which crashes after a few seconds), all my other video players and youtube cannot get the sound. I get the sound when playing through the app on the phone, just not on the computer or on youtube.

I found this forum thread from the past, but it doesn't really solve the issue: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/b1w-play-back-sound.34011/

Is there something I'm missing? Like I assume a missing codec would be an issue on my computer, but I would have imagined that youtube should be able fix that part. I can link a youtube link if you guys need to see it.

Thanks for any help.

It might solve the problem and wouldn't do any harm if you updated your codecs with the K-Lite codec pack: http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Try that first...

I downloaded the latest (15.3.0) and reinstalled media player classic as part of it, however still nothing. I use MPC-HC, SMPlayer, and also Windows Media Player itself on the file - but no dice. I also used VLC, but that crashes on the file after like 4 seconds. It's weird. Thanks for the tip regardless, I could use the codec pack anyways.

Can you try playing it on a different device? tablet/phone/TV/etc.

Seems an unusual problem...

Can you try playing it on a different device? tablet/phone/TV/etc.

Seems an unusual problem...

Good call - I just watched the video on youtube on my phone and the sound plays... but on my desktop it doesn't. I think it's my computer problem, thanks for the help.

I have discovered the issue for future people who may encounter this odd problem. The dashcam records in mono audio, and for some reason my computer cannot play back mono. It's a problem with my computer and not the dash cam. Thanks for all the help, Nigel.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mark S-H B1W 16
L B1W 14
A B1W 12
F B1W 6
Back