B1W Capacité allocation: in the range of 10% - 30%

neomax71

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
DR650GW/S 2CH-DOD RC500S -AW1-Blueskysea B2W-VIOFO A129 Plus
allocation de capacité:
La taille du fichier fichier. Du fichier de données. entre 30% et 50% entre la valeur par défaut et la valeur minimale est 30%;
il est possible de le modifier?
dans la gamme de 10% à 30%
nouveau firmware

Last edited:
30% memory reserved at least!

Je suis mal connu, je voudrais savoir si un nouveau firmware serait disponible pour le B1W
la valeur minimale par défaut est de 30%, je trouve cette valeur de 30 beaucoup trop haute allez-vous sortir un nouveau firmware?
il est possible de modifier aujourd'hui de 30 à 50%
10% minimum et 30% maximum me suffirais

Ma question
Y aura-t-il un nouveau firmware avec cette possibilité de descendre à 10%?

J'ai mal expliqué, je voudrais savoir si un nouveau firmware serait disponible pour le B1W

la valeur minimale par défaut est de 30%, je trouve cette valeur de 30 beaucoup trop élevé générerez-vous un nouveau firmware?
il est possible de changer aujourd'hui de 30 à 50%
Pour mon usage personnel, la valeur de réglage de 10% minimum et 30% maximum me suffirait.
Ma question

Ma question

La réduction de la taille a été discutée, mais aucun changement n'a été fait ou promis

Phil

donc je suis le seul a faire cette demande ici ? la valeur de 30% à 50% n'est pas bonne pour tous les utilisateurs de la B1W, il y aurait de 10% à 30% ou de 10% à 50% ça nous laisserait un choix plus grand pour capacité allocation

donc je suis le seul a faire cette demande ici ? la valeur de 30% à 50% n'est pas bonne pour tous les utilisateurs de la B1W, il y aurait de 10% à 30% ou de 10% à 50% ça nous laisserait un choix plus grand pour capacité allocation

Plusieurs d'entre nous ont demandé moins de 30% et la société en est consciente. Rien n'est encore arrivé.

Phil

Why would you want to allocate only 10% for the important files containing the g-sensor crashes and interesting files locked by the driver pressing the lock button, and allocate all the other 90% for the files that probably contain nothing of interest?

Some may not use g-sensor, and then what purpose would the inaccessible card space serve? I would like something less than a third, more like 20% while others want something different. It would be useless for those who record continuously. And since your normal file space is smaller, your card overwrites it more often wearing out the card faster.

Really folks, not everyone wants what you want or does what you do. Let us do as we wish while you do likewise.

Phil

Some may not use g-sensor, and then what purpose would the inaccessible card space serve? I would like something less than a third, more like 20% while others want something different. It would be useless for those who record continuously. And since your normal file space is smaller, your card overwrites it more often wearing out the card faster.

Really folks, not everyone wants what you want or does what you do. Let us do as we wish while you do likewise.

Phil
Even if you don't use the G sensor, there is still the lock button which you might decide to use some day, and since it doesn't loop the locked space you do want a reasonable size.

Remember that it is a cheap camera, so some people will be using cheap memory cards, 30% of 8GB is not very much!

As for wearing the card out faster, that does not happen on modern cards, they have wear levelling systems that ensure the memory cells all get evenly used.

Even with wear leveling the card will do the overwrite cycle sooner than if it had all it's space available, and that's a major factor in card life. With my B1W in the rear of my minivan, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to manually lock any files :ROFLMAO: I can live with this cam's limitations, but not everybody can, and I'd like the added flexibility of choosing what space is reserved.

I mainly responded here because none of our French speaking members had chimed in and the OP had a legitimate question/request. Having done all I can for them I'm out of here. Good Day.

Phil

Even with wear leveling the card will do the overwrite cycle sooner than if it had all it's space available, and that's a major factor in card life.
Not correct, with wear levelling all the memory cells on the card will get equally used over the card's lifetime, even if you have 50% of the formatted space reserved for locked files that you never use. Yes, the overwrite cycle will start sooner, which is a factor to consider, but the card lifetime will be the same as if there was 0% reserved.

I mainly responded here because none of our French speaking members had chimed in...
I gave up answering questions posted in French, mainly because the posters never say thank you and normally never post again. Only seems to happen with French posts!

Why would you want to allocate only 10% for the important files containing the g-sensor crashes and interesting files locked by the driver pressing the lock button, and allocate all the other 90% for the files that probably contain nothing of interest?
Why do we have to allocate a particular size at all? Someone using the B1W in parking mode recording might want to reserve even less than 10%, to maximise the space available for parking videos.

I don't think any of my other cameras have this restriction, just a separate EVENT folder for the read-only files.

It's how a lot of the Korean cameras do it, not a fan of allocated spaces myself though
OK, thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

Why do we have to allocate a particular size at all? Someone using the B1W in parking mode recording might want to reserve even less than 10%, to maximise the space available for parking videos.

I don't think any of my other cameras have this restriction, just a separate EVENT folder for the read-only files.
It does avoid the possibility of the locked files taking over the entire card, eg if the g-sensor is too sensitive for a bumpy road. I recently had my A129 Duo use up too much space in the event folder so it was loosing the starts of my journeys before getting home, dual cameras, high bitrate and 10 minute loop recording can fill the event folder quite quickly, and there is no way of knowing it has happened unless you check the folder sizes!

Of course you really want the event folder to also loop, which I don't believe the B1W does.

I'm not a fan of it either, but I think only because it is different to what most of us are used to. I think I'd actually prefer the locked files to be copied (duplicated) to a separate memory card for safety and the original to remain in the loop recording as normal - not locked, then the % allocation would depend on what card sizes you used, I'd probably use a 50% sized card for the events.

Je vous remercie pour vos réponses. J'utilise 3 Blueskysea B1W, 2 caméras B1W à l'arrière de mes 3 voitures et une à l'avant. Les caméras fonctionnent très bien et je remercie estore009 pour le microprogramme du mode de stationnement que je n'utilise que sur l'avant.
J'ai pensé qu'il était facile pour vous de modifier ce nouveau micrologiciel afin de ramener la valeur à 10 ou 20%.
J'utilise 2 cartes microSDXC Samsung Evo Plus U3 - 128 Go. Carte microSDXC Classe 10 et 1 Samsung Evo Plus U3 - 64 Go sans problème depuis avril 2018.
Je ne peux pas verrouiller avec les 2 caméras B1W touche arrière avec le bouton important de fichiers contenant le crash et je n'utilise pas g-sensor.
À la fin de la semaine, je démonte la carte pour accélérer mes vidéos sur l'ordinateur
Voilà pourquoi je voudrais utiliser une plus grande capacité
Cordialement

18040112200518828815643812.jpg

18100110092518828815920207.jpg

Last edited:
Je vous remercie pour vos réponses. J'utilise 3 Blueskysea B1W, 2 caméras B1W à l'arrière de mes 3 voitures et une à l'avant. Les caméras fonctionnent très bien et je remercie estore009 pour le microprogramme du mode de stationnement que je n'utilise que sur l'avant.
J'ai pensé qu'il était facile pour vous de modifier ce nouveau micrologiciel afin de ramener la valeur à 10 ou 20%.
J'utilise 2 cartes microSDXC Samsung Evo Plus U3 - 128 Go. Carte microSDXC Classe 10 et 1 Samsung Evo Plus U3 - 64 Go sans problème depuis avril 2018.
Je ne peux pas verrouiller avec les 2 caméras B1W touche arrière avec le bouton important de fichiers contenant le crash et je n'utilise pas g-sensor.
À la fin de la semaine, je démonte la carte pour accélérer mes vidéos sur l'ordinateur
Voilà pourquoi je voudrais utiliser une plus grande capacité
Cordialement

View attachment 43669

View attachment 43670

@neomax71 If possible to write me in English?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S B1W 6
S B1W 3
Back