B1W in Australia

5V@1A Output

Another video showing the differences with G1W and I have now properly stuck the B1W. Video shows how it handles the shadows and the sun.
Oh, audio seems not bad once I put the volume of the playback to full.

B1W

G1W

Last set for just after sunset and how they handle on coming lights.

B1W

G1W

Suggest that you turn its lens a little down, just a little :)

Not sure of it yet, might 3mm?

OK(y). I actually don't mind it currently. Will try to see if it improves... 1mm or 10mm down?
I like to have the horizon in the centre of the image, but I've not noticed the B1W being fussy about where you point it. It will affect the exposure a bit, but not much on the B1W.

Your sunset video has starburst on the lights, is this from locating it where both windscreen wipers pass the lens leaving scratches in the glass?

I have/had a G1W for over 2 years. I bought the B1W as an upgrade a couple of weeks ago from aliexpress Smartway Technology.
The camera came with focus fixed to 30cm and is faulty. Even if it was not faulty, I agree it is not very good compared to the G1W.
The lens is fish-eye, very distorted around the edges, bottom the screen and dash are almost U shaped and so things also appear further away and so number plates etc.. can't be read at a distance that they can on the G1W. The video also seems more compressed and a bit jerky. It also slides out of the mount sideways too easily and I think even in a small side crash it would just pop straight out. I also agree about the light metering being better on the older G1W, it just didn't overcompensate so much for brightness in the sky.

Your sunset video has starburst on the lights, is this from locating it where both windscreen wipers pass the lens leaving scratches in the glass?

Let me clean that section and do the same run on Thursday and see.

I have/had a G1W for over 2 years. I bought the B1W as an upgrade a couple of weeks ago from aliexpress Smartway Technology.
The camera came with focus fixed to 30cm and is faulty. Even if it was not faulty, I agree it is not very good compared to the G1W.
The lens is fish-eye, very distorted around the edges, bottom the screen and dash are almost U shaped and so things also appear further away and so number plates etc.. can't be read at a distance that they can on the G1W. The video also seems more compressed and a bit jerky. It also slides out of the mount sideways too easily and I think even in a small side crash it would just pop straight out. I also agree about the light metering being better on the older G1W, it just didn't overcompensate so much for brightness in the sky.

I wouldn't disagree with what you have noticed. I feel the same but The lighting on the G1W is a bit hit and miss... see how it is darker over the bridge video. At night I tested at what distance I can read the plate and it is same.... not readable at all cause of light reflection. In the day, the video of the 4x4 on the right side of the video parked on the footpath shows the distance at where I can read the plate when zoomed in on video. The fish eye lens just made it for me unclear who was further away as time is not synced.

So if I can shout out the plate if something happened than the audio is my backup

Let me clean that section and do the same run on Thursday and see.
Looks like the issue is with the glass. Fine scratches on it. It is more than 10years old the car. I have attached video of cleaned windscreen inside and outside. Sorry no audio as music I had on radio was picked up for copyright.

I think it is ok now.

If you asked me about this question, B1W better sharper video quality, and audio error notifications.

Looks like the issue is with the glass. Fine scratches on it. It is more than 10years old the car. I have attached video of cleaned windscreen inside and outside. Sorry no audio as music I had on radio was picked up for copyright.

Looks a lot better, the starburst only goes in one direction now. There will always be some scratches on older glass, you could try polishing it gently with a paint cutting polish but it will never get back to new.

What are your thoughts so far on the B1W vs G1W in terms of video quality and overall?
Agree with estore009, the B1W lens has very good focus for the price, also the B1W has a much better sensor for low light conditions than the G1W.

What are your thoughts so far on the B1W vs G1W in terms of video quality and overall?

Overall the B1W is better cause of smaller footprint and video quality seems better as able to show more (not sharply) stuff in low light but the lens seems to make things look further away which I guess it's how they're able to catch wider view angle. Was hoping Wi-Fi transfer would be faster but still the good old taking sd card out to copy video is way quicker but now the power cable is in the way.

Agree with estore009, the B1W lens has very good focus for the price, also the B1W has a much better sensor for low light conditions than the G1W.
The important part being "good focus for the PRICE"
Should I maybe upload a video sample of my blueskysea A118C from my other car for comparison?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J B1W 3
Back