B1W solid green, hardwired perm ON

Memory cards can indeed play tricks on systems, also why i as a tester have a suite of memory cards to test memory card compatibility with.
I do also advise that if possible, get endurance cards that have warranty for use in dashcams,,,,,,, BUT ! we have for a decade used none endurance cards just fine too, just now they are down to prices that make then sensible to use, in the old days the price on endurance cards was like 5 X that of normal cards.

In general with dashcams if it behave inconsistent it is usually a memory card problem, or power source problem.

Change to a new SanDisk Ultra A1 card, 64Gb card or 32Gb card?
Well, this is the card type I had before for couple of years in a previous car, but hardwired on ACC and was working correctly. When I connected to the battery directly, it started having issues with freezing. First thought was a card, so I bought a high endurance card I'm using now. Same problems.

Is any log file in the camera?

I have a second camera I bought for my wife's car but never installed it. I'll swap them over and test again.

A small update after few months.

I installed a second camera one day at the end of Aug. Brand new, never installed before. DVR ver. v1.06.180103s. New 32GB High endurance memory card (v30 HC).
I was checking periodically for about two months or so and was recording, and blinking green. After about 2 months (can't tell exactly when as I wasn't paying attention every day) I noticed the solid green LED. Turned Off and On it gets back to normal but after a few days, it is solid again. I took it off today to check what is on the card and please have a look at the picture attached.
There are only 17GB used of 32GB. All files are written in one-minute intervals, where the camera is set 5min intervals. It means that every month, the camera was making 43800 RW cycles, which I'm guessing is not very healthy for the card and possibly could exceed of maximum RW cycled of the card.
Anyway, it's time for new DVR... :/

Attachments

• sdcard.PNG
    sdcard.PNG
    62.5 KB · Views: 6
I installed a second camera one day at the end of Aug. Brand new, never installed before. DVR ver. v1.06.180103s
Suggest load this Version 20180614 firmware if you hardwired this dash cam and format the card monthly in the app!

Suggest load this Version 20180614 firmware if you hardwired this dash cam and format the card monthly in the app!
Thank you, but formatting a card on monthly basis, it's not a solution.
Re firmware update, I did it on the first camera (please read the first page of this topic) and it didn't help.

So I'm starting to run into a similar issue. Its in my wifes car, so I never really noticed it at first until we started driving together some more. I have it wired to turn off when the car is off (so only ACC power). I noticed the green LED staying a solid green during our drive, and pressing the button resulted in no change. After unplugging, the green light would stay on, then eventually dim and turn off after maybe about 20 seconds.

Brand new camera purchased in Dec 9 2021. New Samsung high endurance SD card. Firmware was 04.200707.V1. I just "updated" it to V1.06.180614s to see if that changes anything. Ill try to monitor it, but it seems that this camera might be defective. This is the 4th B1W I own (I've had one on all my cars), and none of them have had this issue even after years

It does seem that this error has occurred on a few cameras. Found this on an Amazon review for the camera "I bought two of these for my Audi S5. Bought one in May and one in June. Both cameras, after about 8 months of use, start to stop recording on a random basis. The green light would stay lit and I would get no recording. I performed factory reset, tried different SD card, but nothing helped."

Ill probably start digging into how I can get warranty support on this device.

I noticed the green LED staying a solid green during our drive, and pressing the button resulted in no change. After unplugging, the green light would stay on, then eventually dim and turn off after maybe about 20 seconds.
Not sure which hardwire kit you are using for the dash cam! If a 3-wires-hardwire kit, just let its Yellow wire be Unconnected, just to 12v always-on socket; This dash cam B1W cannot detect ACC signal;

Brand new B1W and card. Same exact issue that OP is describing. SanDisk 64GB High Endurance.

In my case, I leave it on to record while the car is parked, and it will stop recording after about 5 hours. It is a bit hot here (can reach 110°F outside). My Rexing dash cameras do just fine and keep recording.

If it is a thermal issue, maybe it would be beneficial to allow the user to turn the WiFi on or off by default. I’ve noticed with WiFi on, the unit is a bit warm to the touch.

Glad i read this thread , my B1w has been going to solid green light for no apparent reason, [to me] about 1 month ago i bought an OBD for parking use ,it has a switch on it to allow always on or on/off to ignition switch.[turns off at 11.6v]
going to an underground parking facility at a shopping center i leave it ON for constant recording, on the way home i go over a railway crossing that normally triggers the lady saying "file saved" , it didn't- at the next lights i took a quick gander & camera was solid green & hitting the emergency button also did not trigger ...card is Samsung 256 evo plus A2 V30 left underground ,30c air temp QLD
at home i took a look ,hmmm not muched saved so formatted the card in the camera as #estore009 recommends ,next trip i used another card ,smaller that i know worked well ,exactly the same thing happened ,over the rail crossing ,nothing ! so i came here to search & here i am : constant park with OBD causes cam problem /solution?

Use the supplied USB car charger to power the B1W dash cam, to see if it can reboot regularly! If the same problem, you can DM us for a firmware to reset it!

Hi again
its been going fine using the usb car charger..i will go back to OBD & after i park when i come back to car, turn off ,then back on & see what happens , im usually parked for an hour , the app is asking for a password now, its not in my password manager , any ideas?

Default password 1234567890

Thank you , that pass worked I must remember it ! 2 things i noticed when viewing my videos Y/day, 1 finished approx 1 min before i parked , found it in the emergency folder & the other finished about 2 mins on the way home ,& it also was in that folder , I DID not cause anything to trigger it [or the car] & no audio from the cam to say so ,[she does say recording "start & "stopped "so no worries there } ----& still recording with no audio, even though the app shows its enabled ,green,

1 finished approx 1 min before i parked , found it in the emergency folder & the other finished about 2 mins on the way home ,& it also was in that folder , I DID not cause anything to trigger it
What is the firmware version for the dash cam?

Attachments

• firmware ver.jpg
    firmware ver.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 4
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 4
  • preview window .jpg
    preview window .jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 4
If you use a hardwire kit for this dash cam, you can load the firmware 20180614s for parking mode recording!

Back