B1W solid green, hardwired perm ON

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Memory cards can indeed play tricks on systems, also why i as a tester have a suite of memory cards to test memory card compatibility with.
I do also advise that if possible, get endurance cards that have warranty for use in dashcams,,,,,,, BUT ! we have for a decade used none endurance cards just fine too, just now they are down to prices that make then sensible to use, in the old days the price on endurance cards was like 5 X that of normal cards.

In general with dashcams if it behave inconsistent it is usually a memory card problem, or power source problem.

OP
K

kennyPL

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Change to a new SanDisk Ultra A1 card, 64Gb card or 32Gb card?
Well, this is the card type I had before for couple of years in a previous car, but hardwired on ACC and was working correctly. When I connected to the battery directly, it started having issues with freezing. First thought was a card, so I bought a high endurance card I'm using now. Same problems.

Is any log file in the camera?

I have a second camera I bought for my wife's car but never installed it. I'll swap them over and test again.

OP
K

kennyPL

Reaction score
Country
Australia
A small update after few months.

I installed a second camera one day at the end of Aug. Brand new, never installed before. DVR ver. v1.06.180103s. New 32GB High endurance memory card (v30 HC).
I was checking periodically for about two months or so and was recording, and blinking green. After about 2 months (can't tell exactly when as I wasn't paying attention every day) I noticed the solid green LED. Turned Off and On it gets back to normal but after a few days, it is solid again. I took it off today to check what is on the card and please have a look at the picture attached.
There are only 17GB used of 32GB. All files are written in one-minute intervals, where the camera is set 5min intervals. It means that every month, the camera was making 43800 RW cycles, which I'm guessing is not very healthy for the card and possibly could exceed of maximum RW cycled of the card.
Anyway, it's time for new DVR... :/

Attachments

• sdcard.PNG
    sdcard.PNG
    62.5 KB · Views: 4

estore009

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/B2W/B2K/B4K/DV688/DV988/B1M/B2M
I installed a second camera one day at the end of Aug. Brand new, never installed before. DVR ver. v1.06.180103s
Suggest load this Version 20180614 firmware if you hardwired this dash cam and format the card monthly in the app!

OP
K

kennyPL

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Suggest load this Version 20180614 firmware if you hardwired this dash cam and format the card monthly in the app!
Thank you, but formatting a card on monthly basis, it's not a solution.
Re firmware update, I did it on the first camera (please read the first page of this topic) and it didn't help.