B40 Capacitor version

there's a bunch of fixes we've had done which have leaked back into the generic version, in one respect I'm annoyed that we're doing all the work to get this debugged and sorted and someone has been supplying the product to a channel that isn't meant to have access along with some of our fixes, on the other hand though some of the bugs were deal breakers and if there was very flaky product out there that looked the same we could suffer from the reputation of that version, I know for sure if we weren't doing this product that the bugfixes would not have happened, there's other stuff we want to do but I'm saving that for our updated hardware version as that won't end up in the generic version as it won't be directly compatible anyway

Hi,

In the other thread "gps plug issue" you posted an image of the new capacitor version of the A118. You said earlier that the capacitor verison of different in hardware and also software than the battery version. Talking about the hardware, is there any other differences that replacing the battery with a capacitor? And regarding the software, can the new capacitor firmware be loaded to a battery version hardware.

I have just received the battery version A118 and I'm planning to modify it to use capacitors. The only concern I have is the switch off timeout, if it could be modified in the firmware to have zero timeout, I could simply replace the battery with capacitors, and I'm fine.

regards,
Peter

if you put caps in it you'll get errors on shutdown and the last file will be corrupt

OK, that's clear, but when developing the capacitor version, you must have faced the same problem. How did you resolve it?

firmware is different, hardware is also adjusted to suit

Yes, that's exactly what I asked you about :) What exactly are those differences?

Is there any hardware differences other than using caps instead of battery? If yes, what are those?

Is there any firmware differences other than shutting down immediately after losing power? If yes, what are those?

should I just send you a free one instead :rolleyes:

boot sequence and shutdown sequence are different, don't think it's something you'd be able to modify yourself

there are other hardware mods as well to accommodate caps

Lol at all the questions above. That said I'd be happy to buy one if only they were out to purchase.... :D

I also like the vents, I've wondered why they were not more prevalent in dash cams.

so is the a118 b40 ac-cc30 and street guardian all different companies? just all using the same form factor i assume because they are being built in the same factories?

this form factor is the next camera i want to try out, thinking i should go straight for the street guardian version?

the housing is made by one supplier

We're working on a capacitor version now, not released yet
awesome, I think I may hold off then. I would like to review this form factor but would prefer to bet what I believe may be the best of the bunch. Any estimated time of arrival? I am working on my blackvue 650 testing, and still needa finish my grand plans for my "4 channel" set up but planning on my next few cameras still.

not sure on an ETA, hardware is done, a few other things to fix, hope to have them selling before the Christmas season[/QUOTE

As always, really looking forward for the final product. Capacitor + GPS is the one I´m looking for. (GPS internal or external? depends on how it looks/size. Would rather have it internal)

Is there any news about capacitor version of B40?

Has the capacitator version of A118 been release yet now? :)
Sorry for the same question over and over again- I'm looking to buy a dashcam asap. But with the Aussie heat- I'd prefer one that will last longer. And although I much prefer the compact size of A118, I'll probably have to buy the G1W-C if it's not out :(

Back