B40C Instructions in plain English?

dwpc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't want to offend anyone as I certainly can't write a word in Chinese. But the printed English instructions for the B40, both as I received with mine and found online from other vendors, are poorly organized and confusing. Is there a version translated by a native English speaker possessing some dash cam savvy online somewhere? A diagram explaining what the various screen icons mean would be helpful. It took several starts for me to realize that the flashing red dot meant "Recording ON". I thought flashing meant "Recording OFF" and was actually turning it off in trying to correct a problem that didn't exist! The instructions present only the keystrokes for the control buttons and say almost nothing about the LEDs or screen icons.

I think some with good language skills are missing an opportunity to make a few bucks by editing instruction booklets for foreign manufacturers who get the English syntax right but are not familiar with the idiom. Many of the negative comments I've read on Amazon for various B40s were due to misunderstood instructions.

I don't want to offend anyone as I certainly can't write a word in Chinese. But the printed English instructions for the B40, both as I received with mine and found online from other vendors, are poorly organized and confusing. Is there a version translated by a native English speaker possessing some dash cam savvy online somewhere? A diagram explaining what the various screen icons mean would be helpful. It took several starts for me to realize that the flashing red dot meant "Recording ON". I thought flashing meant "Recording OFF" and was actually turning it off in trying to correct a problem that didn't exist! The instructions present only the keystrokes for the control buttons and say almost nothing about the LEDs or screen icons.

I think some with good language skills are missing an opportunity to make a few bucks by editing instruction booklets for foreign manufacturers who get the English syntax right but are not familiar with the idiom. Many of the negative comments I've read on Amazon for various B40s were due to misunderstood instructions.
It's not instructions but my review goes over the menu structure and sort of explains most things.

Yes, I watched your informative vid on Youtube before buying a B40C.

so do you have any specific questions? i've lived in the US my entire life, and even though i have to support some of my company's users in china (i work IT for an international law firm), i can't read or write any chinese - thankfully our stuff there is quite fluent in english! sadly, the only spoken chinese i know comes from my kids watching Ni Hao Kai Lan. :oops:

No real point in asking piecemeal questions. The 2nd Level menu functions like playback and file mgmt are barely mentioned in the instructions. The instructions really need hierarchical diagrams showing how to access every function via the menu including the 2nd Level functions (Playback, File Mgmt) and the screen icons, with each step stated clearly.

I know I didn't cover those... I think I tried using them maybe once but it's just easier for me to either connect the cam directly to my phone via OTG connector or direct to a pc, or take out the SD card and do the same. Or put the SD card into my phone since it has an SD card slot.

Back