Battery Cut-Off Voltage

Andy Moore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Standard firmware with a 64Gb card - camera working great, particularly like Parking Mode although the movement sensor is far too sensitive.

With my camera hard wired to a device where the power can be automatically cut at various voltages (to stop battery being flattened in parking mode), I've had the device set at 12.2V.

This gives me plenty of recording capability but I think 12.2V is a little too low (battery would be at only 50% charge ?). I think I'm going to sacrifice some recording capability in parking mode for a better battery by uping the lowest voltage to 12.4V (75% charge) and turning the movement sensor to 0 from 1 (so effectively I'm using the G Sensor in parking mode). Not sure if a movement sensor setting of 0 will actually turn it off (wopuld have thought so).

Battery should be a bit better with a higher cutoff of 12.4V - would you agree ?

I'm using a 10000mAh powerbank with 12V output and it's working great

What sort of recording time do you get with the powerbank before you have to re-charge it and what size memory card are you using ? I'm guessing you are using it for parking mode (otherwise it would just be connected straight to battery and powered by battery/alternator when car running) ?

Not too sure what power the BlackVue uses/hour

When car runnig, powerbank is connected straight to battery; in parking mode, i can record till to 6; memory card is the original 64gb by Blackvue.

So the car battery/alternator is charging the Powerbank when car is running ? Is that 6 hours of recording ?

About 6hours of recording More or less... yes

Sounds like a great solution for any dash cam that doesn't have a parking mode, not just the DR650. Have a link to it? Better yet, setup recommendations to do that?

I'm going to try something new ! I want my camera hard wired to my main car battery, I have the device to stop the battery dropping below 12.4V or 12.2V but even allowing for this when its set at 12.4V it cuts off in parking mode. I really hope this will help topping up my battery during the day:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121599311439

Back