battery protection device that will work for 12v output

pietrasnet

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I have a dash cam powered by 12v (something similar is fitcamx).
I would like to connect it hard wire to the fuse box, but with the addition battery discharge protection on the camera power cable with the ignition off. Unfortunately, most devices that protects battery have an output voltage of 5V. The Blackvue magic box, on the other hand, has 12v output but has only one output power wire. My camera triggers parking mode on a separate circuit (not via g-sensor) so it need connection to two wires BAT +and ACC.
Do you know of any battery protection device that will work for me (12v output with two power wires)?

Alternatively, I am considering whether Power Magic will work if I connect it to the fuse box with only one BAT+ cable and leave the ACC cable from Power Magic unconnected, while the ACC wire will be connected directly from the camera to the fuse box and BAT+ wire from the camera will be connected to Power Magic. .Of course, I will also connect ground wires
Can it works like this?

while the ACC wire will be connected directly from the camera to the fuse box
I don't know the camera, but it is unlikely that the ACC wire needs to have low voltage protection, it probably only ever consumes a few micro amps, not even milliamps.

I don't know the camera, but it is unlikely that the ACC wire needs to have low voltage protection, it probably only ever consumes a few micro amps, not even milliamps.

I want to install battery protection on the BAT+ cable from the camera, and connect the ACC cable from the camera directly to the fuse box without protection, because it is not needed here.

The problem is that I don't see a device for 12v output that has only one power wire to support only the BAT+ wire (Blackvue Power Magic has three wires ACC, BAT+, GND on the connection, and 2 wires GND and Power on the output)

That should be OK. You want the ACC to the Blackvue so that when you turn the ignition on, the camera will start up immediately, not wait until the alternator starts up and achieves enough voltage, which may take some time, depending on the car. I expect that if you connect the Blackvue ACC and camera ACC to the same fuse tap then everything will work fine, I've not tried it so if someone else with experience answers then take their answer over mine, but that is what I would expect.

That should be OK. You want the ACC to the Blackvue so that when you turn the ignition on, the camera will start up immediately, not wait until the alternator starts up and achieves enough voltage, which may take some time, depending on the car. I expect that if you connect the Blackvue ACC and camera ACC to the same fuse tap then everything will work fine, I've not tried it so if someone else with experience answers then take their answer over mine, but that is what I would expect.
Perhaps this option with connecting the ACC from the camera and Power Magic to the same fuse will work because I'm afraid that if the ACC from Power Magic is not connected, Power Magic will not work at all

As I recall from using Power Magic Pro years ago it requires both to reset itself every time the system activates.

this solution with double ACC connections to the one fuse works. Thank you for your help

Back