Be carefull while buying on Ali Express!

Hawk600

Reaction score
Country
United States
A word of caution, read very carefully the item description and the purchase and shipping terms and always save the transaction screenshots.

I am having a bad experience with a seller on Ali Express, Boutique Discout Shop.(Yes their name is missing an N on Discount)
I bought a GS8000 from them on the 23rd and they had a DHL option 3-7 days available for free, included in the price.
Everything went fine until I received an update from the seller saying the product was shipped and giving me a China post airmail tacking # :shock:
They also told me in the message that in order to reduce costs the product was sent without the box but was nicely bubble wrapped!!! :eek:

So, they just changed the terms of the purchase without my consent and when I sent an email complaining about it I got back excuses like it was a misunderstanding because their free shipping is default by China post airmail.
I sent them screenshots showing DHL shipping and they came back saying it was really their mistake using the wrong shipping template, whoever they did not want to give me a refund and asked to wait for the item to arrive.

I see I have no choice other than wait longer than I intended, however I have enough proof to open a dispute and I will do so as soon as I have it enabled in my account.
Ali Express states they have a buyers protection program, lets see how will act in this case.
I will keep you folks posted.

interested to know how you go with the dispute, I've heard mixed reports about it in the past, it doesn't always favour the buyer like eBay does

Yes, I expecting this kind of seller protection behavior so I already placed a dispute on my credit card charge. Lets see if I get their attention.
I even think Ali will retaliate like locking my account after learn about the CC dispute but if protecting a bad seller is their intention they will never see my business again anyways!
I will keep you guys updated.

Seller protection on Aliexpress is not the best and there are many horror stories. eBay is much better in this regard. Hopefully your camera arrives in decent condition. Good luck on your dispute.

Hawk600 said:
Yes, I expecting this kind of seller protection behavior so I already placed a dispute on my credit card charge. Lets see if I get their attention.
I even think Ali will retaliate like locking my account after learn about the CC dispute but if protecting a bad seller is their intention they will never see my business again anyways!

I have only good experience with AliExpress.

DashCamMan said:
Seller protection on Aliexpress is not the best and there are many horror stories. eBay is much better in this regard. Hopefully your camera arrives in decent condition. Good luck on your dispute.

Thank you DashCanMan, unfortunately a learned about this a bit later(my fault), Ali's website is really good in leading you to think you going to be protected on your purchase but I should have read this section of the forums before buying anything from them.
I've learned that some people did have positive experiences with Aliexpress before, lets see!

jlmbry said:
Hawk600 said:

Thank you Jlmbry, you mean to say the purchases you made were all good without problems or you had a dispute and Ali was on your side?

Don't expect any speedy refund. I opened a dispute because of a FAULTY CAMERA that kept freezing. I was given every excuse in the book. The seller (Shenzhen CG Electronics Co.) would not even consider taking the product back until I opened a dispute thru aliexpress. I had to then send the product back, at my expense ($25) and the seller now has 30 days to respond. I guess to wait for package to arrive and inspect it, etc. I'm still waiting for my refund and today marks the 19th day since I opened the dispute. :roll:

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawk600 said:
jlmbry said:
Hawk600 said:

Thank you Jlmbry, you mean to say the purchases you made were all good without problems or you had a dispute and Ali was on your side?
I didn't have any problem with them at delivery and questions or doubts about the product got a positive answer by the seller.

Chad said:
Don't expect any speedy refund. I opened a dispute because of a FAULTY CAMERA that kept freezing. I was given every excuse in the book. The seller (Shenzhen CG Electronics Co.) would not even consider taking the product back until I opened a dispute thru aliexpress. I had to then send the product back, at my expense ($25) and the seller now has 30 days to respond. I guess to wait for package to arrive and inspect it, etc. I'm still waiting for my refund and today marks the 19th day since I opened the dispute. :roll:
Good luck!

Wow! Hopefully you will get your money back soon! Shenzhen has many positive feedbacks, and I am guessing some are probably fake because you are not the first here to complain about them.

Well I do not intend to rely on Aliexpress support at all or wait that long to get my money back so I already disputed the charge with my credit card company as I have all the proof I need that the seller screwed me up with the shipping and sending an open product. This without counting the hassle to deal with all this situation!

Have a read of this customer that got stung by aliexpress.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/sunny-suppl ... -c204b.htm

They asked him if he believed on God.

I've had bad experiences with them too. Forget about ever getting a refund. Post everywhere that they are very shady and word will getr out to give them a miss.

Now read the many complaints about dealers on aliexpress this year. That is from one forum. Many other forums like dashcam that are complaining about items bought in aliexpress or alibaba.
http://community.aliexpress.com/archive ... 3e28932c33

Alibaba even worse. 2 years ago 2200+ criminals found to be selling as dealers.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/newsbook ... ndal_china

I too have been stung by alibaba. Hand over money and never see your parcel again. Absolute crooks and about time the West black listed the
alibaba and aliexpress sites.

I would say since two years ago alibaba have become even worse with criminals selling as dealers.

I've been stung 5 times to many and will never buy anything out on China again. I've lost $1200 in total.
Cheaper to buy from Western Countries who give far better support and have something called ethics,
which is sadly missing in Chinese selling sites.

There are a handful of good dash cam vendors on Aliexpress, but there are many more bad ones. Since the buyer protection program at Aliexpress is quite poor (especially compared to eBay), I am hesitant to recommend them in many cases.

So folks here is the update about my problem with AliExpress.

There is no buyer protection program at all!! All the bad reviews are true!
I escalated the dispute April 4 and I haven't heard anything since than, neither from AliExpress neither from the merchant.
AlliExpress dispute site says I will be contacted in 2 days but this is just bull crap as nobody cares to respond.

When you try to talk or email someone from AliExpress, there is no way to do so, there is no phone email or chat option to use!!! Just a stupid automated response called Eva.

Forum members, be aware that you are playing lottery with your money when you buying on AliExpress, you going to be screwed up in case something goes wrong with the transaction!!

Fortunately I paid by credit card and I am disputing the charge through my Credit card company but even that is being a hassle so you better not buying!!

The reason why some of these seller can't send via DHL or Fedex is that in China, any electronics product with battery in there, must meet a min safety requirement before shipment. DHL China or Fedex China WON'T accept the product. Therefore, most of these seller will have to ship to Hong Kong and then re-ship from there. It will cost them more. The only choice is to ship via China Post which don't give a damn of the safety requirement.

Just ordered from Shenzhen Hongfa (yuanhong zou) on AliExpress: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 81492.html

Will post a review when done. Was talking to him on chat for ages before I bought - and have full log history of everything said. Should be good if product isn't as expected, paid with Visa.

Seller offers EMS and DHL. Went for EMS. If product doesn't arrive in 20 days apparently I get a full refund (according to Aliexpress).

Back