Beer loose on the road, now with flaming beer barrels, captured with Mini 0806

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
I suggest selecting full 1440p resolution for this if you have the bandwidth and a big enough screen resolution so you can see what's happening in the distance.

Anyone able to identify the car?

Beer%20loose%20on%20the%20road.jpg

Part two: Flaming beer barrels at night :D

Frame%202014.01.04%2022-45-19%20%280-00-25.841%29.jpg

Frame%202014.01.04%2021-23-36%20%280-00-12.048%29.jpg

Frame%202014.01.05%2000-36-49%20%280-00-10.142%29.jpg

This was lit purely by the moon and firelight:

Frame%202014.01.05%2000-55-14%20%280-01-07.890%29.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, LDWS is working! Or is the FBDS (falling beer detection system)?

enjoy,
Mtz

Oh yeah, LDWS is working! Or is the FBDS (falling beer detection system)?

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes, that was LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System), the Mini 0806 doesn't have FBDS and the FCWS obviously wasn't working :D

I was wondering how many full barrels my car could carry until the truck stopped but I think they were empty anyway.

To bad (for you) he realized he dropped the kegs or you could have had a nice supply for a while!
I do not recognize the old sports car on the side of the road; did a Google search but came up empty. Tried to enlarge the photo capture to see I could recognize the brand on the top of the radiator but could not make it out at higher resolution when I blew it up. Have to wait till someone who knows the brand recognizes it.

A Morris Eight Tourer maybe?

A Morris Eight Tourer maybe?
Ahh, thanks, an original series 1 Morris Eight Tourer from 1935, that checks out:

Vehicle make MORRIS
  • Date of first registration 30 May 2000
  • Year of manufacture 1935
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 918cc
  • CO₂Emissions Not available
  • Fuel type PETROL

Obviously I need a dashcam that can read badges next, not just plates!

4k please :)

Give it 30 years and we'll be able to count the number of hairs in their nose and smell what they had for dinner!

4k please :)
That would only double the number of pixels within the badge (total, not horizontal) so I don't think the Oxford Ox would become recognisable as an Ox crossing a ford.

2f8bab7e6a1b6160d3eba68d25b832e1.jpg

When we get to that stage we dont need dashcams as such, then we just need a sniffer in our car to log the ip / mac adress of all the other cars our own network with. ( witch by my account should be all cars running and fairly close to the one you are in )
And most likely dashcams will be obsolete as most cars drive them self, and in case of a mishap there should be a log in the CPU.

Regarding the car i jumped strait to austin 7, witch just prooved my limited knowlege of common man vintage english cars.

lucky the kegs didn't blow up. i think they were full because they didn't bounce much. had one blown/cracked, it would have been flying everywhere. have heard of them hitting people who were standing nearby and breaking ankles/kneecaps directly, plus whatever other injuries happen when they fall... not to mention the damage a flying keg could do to a car!

Thats about the clearest sharpest footage i ve seen and no mention of faults like the new panorama and its is it recording or frozen !

you got a night time example for us yet ?

There are issues being worked on mate, they're just not in the public forum as it's in the testing phase :)

There are samples on my YT channel of night time footage - it's noisier than the Panorama but does a very good job anyway.

Thats about the clearest sharpest footage i ve seen and no mention of faults like the new panorama and its is it recording or frozen !

you got a night time example for us yet ?
All cameras are bad at night time!

Here is a frame grab from dusk in the rain and with a bit of condensation on the windscreen and slightly smeared by the wipers!
I'm hoping this will improve with the Mini 0806 mount though, I'm using a Mini 0801 mount here:

Why does everyone keep their foot on the brake even when stopped for minutes! I have a working hand/parking brake in my car.

Frame%202014.10.29%2016-12-25%20%280-03-44.565%29.jpg

lucky the kegs didn't blow up. i think they were full because they didn't bounce much. had one blown/cracked, it would have been flying everywhere. have heard of them hitting people who were standing nearby and breaking ankles/kneecaps directly, plus whatever other injuries happen when they fall... not to mention the damage a flying keg could do to a car!
I think with most UK beer the kegs only have much pressure in them when they get to the pub and are connected to the CO2 supply, during transport the pressure is very low. Of course they may have had foreign larger in them...

There are issues being worked on mate, they're just not in the public forum as it's in the testing phase :)

There are samples on my YT channel of night time footage - it's noisier than the Panorama but does a very good job anyway.

cant find your youtube chanel... any chance of a link and am wishing i had paid the $100 for testing one !

Amazing...

as is the fact you managed to drive through matlock without being stuck in traffic an hour !

"Why does everyone keep their foot on the brake even when stopped for minutes! I have a working hand/parking brake in my car."

Operating the hand/parking brake, mean you have to put down your cellphone for a fjew milliseconds.

"Why does everyone keep their foot on the brake even when stopped for minutes! I have a working hand/parking brake in my car."

Operating the hand/parking brake, mean you have to put down your cellphone for a fjew milliseconds.

... or god forbid, actually use your left foot for something (to engage/disengage the parking brake)

a startling number of people in the states seem to think that it's truly an "emergency brake" or just e-brake and that you should never use it outside an emergency. it never occurs to them to use it for any other purpose than if your hydraulic brakes fail. personally i have in fact used it for that very purpose (a braided stainless steel brake line had been installed improperly and sprung a leak, losing all fluid for the rear brakes and making the pedal drop to the floor) but then since my car is a manual (an extreme rarity in the states) for me, it's primarily a parking brake (and thankfully when my brakes failed, i could downshift to slow down, too).

that said, when driving an automatic, i don't use the parking brake except when parking on a hill, or when doing maintenance/repairs in the driveway. if i'm sitting at a red light it's not like it's difficult to continue holding the brake. in my manual shift car i'll let off the brake and clutch with it in neutral at a red light, and if the ground isn't level i'll set the handbrake. in my wife's automatic, if the light is very long, there's a train, or if traffic is just THAT bad, i'll simply put it in park and let off the brake.

even though i've been driving stick almost my entire driving career, it's still amusing when i let off the brake and the person behinds me starts to go, as if the light had turned green. nobody's ever hit me, but there have been a few close ones...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 9