Best cam for high quality, stabilized video

tb0ne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Brand new to dash cams. I need to do some neighborhood tours, and would like to do them via a dash cam. I'm not sure where to begin, but I know I want high quality, stable video, with as wide angle as possible. Any suggestions on where to begin?

Thanks in advance.

No stabilization on dashcams, but dont needed if you have a camera with a good mount.

If its daytime you can do it cheap with the mobius camera with the "C" lens, its the size of a box of tic tacks and is a rock solid performer not least in daytime.

Many of us hard core users have one or more mobius in our cars as they make for excellent rear or side cameras.

You need to set the mobius up with a GUI on the computer, after that it just start to record when powered up or get power VIA USB plug ( if set up to do that )
And for prolonged use as a dashcam its best to change the internal LIPO battery over to capacitors.

The mobius is so small so it don't have any screen or other fancy newfangled features, but otherwise it make good footage ( plenty of footage to browse on youtube )

You can offcourse get better cameras not least in regard to night performance, but then its also a whole other price bracket compared to the little mobius.

Last edited:
Back