Best camera for bicycles?

I think you did good with the Mobius and helmet mount. These cameras don't do too well with vibrations, which a stem mount or handlebar mount would have a lot more of. The Mobius has very good battery life as well. Depending on how long your rides are, you may not even need the external battery.

The RideEye looks gigantic. 2x 18650s is overkill, given each one holds ~3000 mAh.

I think you did good with the Mobius and helmet mount. These cameras don't do too well with vibrations, which a stem mount or handlebar mount would have a lot more of. The Mobius has very good battery life as well. Depending on how long your rides are, you may not even need the external battery.

The RideEye looks gigantic. 2x 18650s is overkill, given each one holds ~3000 mAh.

I see your point about the RideEye having what seems like overkill battery capacity. I think it depends on how you use a camera as a bicyclist. Where I live in a rural area people do a lot of long distance group touring. In other words they may go on a 60 mile guided loop around the countryside and the trip will go from early in the morning until just before dark. I think people like that would really want that much run time capacity. There is also a professional racing team in my area that engages in Tour de France style events and they too probably would benefit from having that much run time. I think for the average person out on a casual bike ride that much battery capacity would indeed be overkill. I guess it depends on one's circumstances. As far as vibrations I think the Shimano cameras have built in image stabilization but I don't know about the RideEye.

Last edited:
Anybody has any experience or opinion on (Yuntab Warrior) G1S action camera? Is it something worth considering for short and relatively infrequent bike rides? I am more interested in using it a s a safety device (i.e. crazy drivers) than for scenery or similar

thanks

Jokiin,
thanks for the input.
I did look at both fly cameras, after reading your previous post. I need a front camera, since the greatest danger in the city is people opening doors, sudden turns etc. The Fly12, although it seems nice is really expensive.

Jokiin,
thanks for the input.
I did look at both fly cameras, after reading your previous post. I need a front camera, since the greatest danger in the city is people opening doors, sudden turns etc. The Fly12, although it seems nice is really expensive.

in most markets being hit from behind is the bigger issue, I guess that's why the original Fly6 has remained popular

I see what you mean by having the camera mounted on the handlebars then, after watching some comparison videos.. there's a better view when mounted on the handlebar, but only drawback is, can't have the head look

handlebar mount doesn't work. The camera would sway from side to side

Back