Who has the absolute best rear bullet-style camera? Convertible mount idea

Triggerfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm working on a Corvette Z06 Convertible and my client wants me to come up with the best solution for a rear facing dash cam that will provide adequate rear coverage while the top is down. With looking at this particular vehicle, which is a mid-engine design, the rear window creates a lot of problems as it is near the center of the vehicle and then lowers when the top is down.. giving a bad rear-view setup with any camera stuck to the window.

With looking further, when the top is down there is a area above the rear-view mirror that could be utilized for a small bullet style rear-facing camera.. with the height at this location and with the top down, it appears that it would be a good solution for this customer as it clears the rear area very nicely (not perfect, but certainly well enough! :). To be clear, he doesn't want anything mounted out back on the license plate or in one of the fender vents, and doesn't care to get any recording inside the ****pit unless it's a product of a good rear-camera facing solution.

I have a lot of experience with blackvue and Viofo, but recently have tried Vantrue and I have been impressed with their products so far (review coming soon on the S1 pro).

I am also curious as to the Blackvue interior bullet camera that has IR, is it the same quality camera if I use it as a rear mounted camera (focused to infinity or close up)?

So what would be your selection for the best rear-facing bullet camera in this application? It needs to focus to infinity (not a ****pit camera in other words).

Thanks in advance for your input!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.33.07 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.33.07 PM.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.33.04 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.33.04 PM.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.31.41 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.31.41 PM.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1
Back