Best CPL (Circular Polarizer Filter) for the DR650?

Last edited:
can you rotate the lens in the housing for fine tuning? Also I don't use ebay or paypay after they screwed me over.

You should not change the polarization of the filter because it is adjusted and fixed in their vertical polarization which is the best setting.
You must just slip the filter on BlackVue that's all

We use Paypal because it is a secure method of payment for all country.
You can make your purchase on our site www.edr-auto.fr/shop in US dollars with invoice without VAT

Excellent. Just what I've been looking for.

Thanks, EDR. :cool:

Is there any videos showing the difference in glare with these CPL filters?

You should not change the polarization of the filter because it is adjusted and fixed in their vertical polarization which is the best setting.
What I have a problem with is the terminology. You advertise it (as do others) as a circular polarisation, but also say (in post #23) it is fixed vertical polarisation. This latter statement indicates linear polarisation, which I would have thought was actually needed as reflections from a horizontal or near horizontal surface are pretty much horizontally polarised, and as such need a vertically polarised filter to eliminate them.

In polarised sunglasses, vertical polarisation is used to eliminate reflections, but only minimally reduce circularly polarised 'glare' which is mostly done by the tint.

Surely a true circularly polarised filter will do little to remove horizontally polarised light? Is the term CPL just an advertising gimmick? I suspect so.

Please clarify. (If you will pardon the pun).

Thanks. But edr auto says it's vertically polarised. And my question about circular v linear still stands.

Just googled it. The wisdom of the web says a CPL filter is a linearly polarised filter to reduce horizontally polarised reflections, followed by a quarter wave plate to recircularise the, now vertically polarised light. Very cunning.

Last edited:
Thanks. But edr auto says it's vertically polarised. And my question about circular v linear still stands.
I suspect they were referring to orientation rather than type when talking about vertical, I'm sure they can clarify

With the explanation that I looked at, there is a linear polarised element, and that must be orientated vertically, which is what they said.
It doesn't need to be adjusted, other than to prove it was in the right orientation to start with.:)

Back