Best Parking Mode Dashcam?

Akira181

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, sorry if this has been asked a bunch but I can't seem to find any answers.

I bought this random rear view mirror dashcam from amazon 2 years ago as my car doesn't have parking sensors and parking is kinda tricky round my bit. As a parking aid and dash cam it works very well. Picture is clear, captures numberplates well in daylight (headlights at night cause a lot of glare although close up it still catches the plate), and the auto reverse cam does the job. But the parking mode on it sucks for parking bumps. My front and rear bumpers are full of scratches from unscrupulous morons that can't park and drive off afterwards but the cam has failed to catch any of them. It seems like parking bumps don't have the force to trigger it despite being set to high sensitivity.

I haven't been too bothered by it in the past as my car is old and on the way out. However, since I need to replace it in the near future, I'd like to prevent my new car from getting beat up and have the means to get the culprit (or their insurer) to pay for repairs if necessary.

Can someone recommend a good front and rear dash cam that has a parking mode that works effectively?

Back