Best settings as an Dashcam?

Sorry for possible derail..
Very much thinking about picking one up for dual purpose bike action and car dash. Only thing I'm worried about is leaving it in the windshield on hot days and possible battery swelling. Should I be concerned?

I'm not 100% sure but if the gitup is like the SJ4000 then provided it's connected to power by cable, it should work without the internal battery being fitted, and coming on/off with the cars ignition, I'll have a look later and see if the gitup2 works from car power without the battery inserted,

Pen added to illustrate the lack of battery. Works just fine only on USB power.

35a107d6b02b4b546100c2ea52087187.jpg

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Pen added to illustrate the lack of battery. Works just fine only on USB power.

But does it save the file being recorded when external power is cut? Which would be the crucial file containing evidence of what happened in a car accident. If that file is lost or corrupted, then the camera battery must not be removed if the Gitup is to be fit for purpose as a dashcam.

But does it save the file being recorded when external power is cut? Which would be the crucial file containing evidence of what happened in a car accident. If that file is lost or corrupted, then the camera battery must not be removed if the Gitup is to be fit for purpose as a dashcam.

That will be solved with the super cap battery.

That will be solved with the super cap battery.
That's fine if @ArgusMcJohnsten uses supercaps instead of the standard battery. If, however, he uses the Gitup as a dashcam without either, he may regret it in the event of an accident in which the vital clip is lost or corrupted when external power is cut.

Just realized that if custom user text is loaded (CarLicenseNum) and set to be ON, it will save it in the chipset and that you can delete the txt file after load to On and the text is saved? Im i right?

Im having some issue with the quality and blurry picture in late sunrise / early morning , cloudy morning. In my opinion there was enough light, the sunrise in my region is set to 04.00 and at i had an event around 05.00 were i should have got the licenseplate number of a car that was moving towards my standing car but when i tried to see the license plate number later on it was to blurry even if it passed by me by a short distance.
My main camera settings is default, but i have WDR set at ON, is it the WDR setting that makes moving objects blurry tough there were enough light? Little disapointed after the event that occured and i were not able to see the license plate afterwards in the recorded video file....

you won't see license plates under all conditions, ambient light levels have a lot to do with how well it will expose an image at any given time

Yeah, but in my opinion there were enough light, how about the WDR function, having it set to ON could be the problem, your thoughts? Does WDR blur moving plates?

Does Git1 have an option button or something, that can i press to protect a video file from overwriting, like dedicated dashcam have?

Does Git1 have an option button or something, that can i press to protect a video file from overwriting, like dedicated dashcam have?

While in video mode, press the side button for video setting option. You can set the side button to 'protect' file.

So I've read the whole thread but I'm still wondering if anyone has found a workable super-cap solution yet? That has been the one single thing keeping me from buying this cam. I designed the work shelves in my van to accommodate this cam in anticipation of that happening by now and I'm still waiting :( I'm also wondering if anyone hes used a Git-1 for 24/7 recording, especially in the summer heat?

I'm not really looking for alternatives, but I'd consider those if it matches or bests the low-light performance of this cam in this price range :D The Viofo A119 is good with low-light but the form-factor won't work and the GiW-S (Sony sensor :)) is still too unknown, plus the G1W-x doesn't seem to do well recording 24/7; the 3 version's I've tried all showed issues trying that :rolleyes:

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Olgu Git1 21
Back