Bike camera - waterproof case and power bank

Mantom

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I am thinking to install a dash cam on my bike. I thought about the famous 808#16. The camera is small and produces a good quality movies. But it comes without a clamp, only velcro tape. So I got 2 questions:
1. How to mount the camera in a waterproof case? Sometimes bikers have to ride during rain.
2. What about a powerbank. I read thet the camera has a small 200mAh battery which fully charged can power the device for 30 - 45 minutes only. So a powerbank is rather necessary. Should it be installed in the same case witht camera, or a separate? Unfortunetely powerbanks are much bigger and heavier than the 808#16.

sometimes might be easier to just get something designed for the job

http://fly6.com/

or

http://www.rideye.com/

have seen others also
I am thinking to install a dash cam on my bike. I thought about the famous 808#16. The camera is small and produces a good quality movies. But it comes without a clamp, only velcro tape. So I got 2 questions:
1. How to mount the camera in a waterproof case? Sometimes bikers have to ride during rain.
2. What about a powerbank. I read thet the camera has a small 200mAh battery which fully charged can power the device for 30 - 45 minutes only. So a powerbank is rather necessary. Should it be installed in the same case witht camera, or a separate? Unfortunetely powerbanks are much bigger and heavier than the 808#16.

No point of "inventing a wheel" and better to buy ready made solution.

Thanks for your suggestions. Of course a dedicated camera would be a better solution, but I asked for a DIY one.
So perhaps I will purchase a cheap bike light, remove the LEDs and electronic circuit and place 808#16 inside.
Meanwhile I found
and

Thanks for your suggestions. Of course a dedicated camera would be a better solution, but I asked for a DIY one.
So perhaps I will purchase a cheap bike light, remove the LEDs and electronic circuit and place 808#16 inside.
Meanwhile I found
and
Two very clever videos. However, the flashlight thing would be very big and noticeable. Not afraid of theft? Or you just want a DIY action cam?

Very smart, and you need someone to hold your camera for shooting when DIY. :)

We will release the C3, you may have other choose.

Interesting. What more can you tell us about the C3?

C3 is the upgraded on base on C1.
After learned from people's idea and feedback on C1, we soon take action to make this new development.
The first prototype is ready, but still need some testings.
Should be ready next month.

Back