Blackvue 590W 2 Ch issues - App, Rear camera and firmware.

DavidC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I connected to my Blackvue 590W 2ch a few weeks ago when a car crashed behind me. I downloaded the footage in case it was needed by anyone. I mention this as I know the app was working for me a few weeks ago.

I tried to connect to the camera yesterday (13/09/2021) - I knew from a few weeks ago that the dates and time was off so I was going to correct it yesterday - just to get it done.

It seems like the app has been updated on the iPhone/iPad recently. I cannot connect to the camera at all. I have reset the SSID and password. Promise I have typed it in correctly - case is correct, numbers, hyphens etc.

I turn the cameras wi-fi on. Connect to that wi-fi on my device. Input the default but specific to my camera password and it is accepted. Open up the app. Manually connect to the camera as my camera doesn't have bluetooth, input the SSID and password perfectly. I always get cannot connect to camera type messages.

I pulled the card out and ran it through the PC. Updated the firmware to 1.008 and now I get a 'no rear camera' voice message when powering the camera on. The rear camera is powered and the cable is not damaged in anyway.

Anyone got any advice?

Hi,

I connected to my Blackvue 590W 2ch a few weeks ago when a car crashed behind me. I downloaded the footage in case it was needed by anyone. I mention this as I know the app was working for me a few weeks ago.

I tried to connect to the camera yesterday (13/09/2021) - I knew from a few weeks ago that the dates and time was off so I was going to correct it yesterday - just to get it done.

It seems like the app has been updated on the iPhone/iPad recently. I cannot connect to the camera at all. I have reset the SSID and password. Promise I have typed it in correctly - case is correct, numbers, hyphens etc.

I turn the cameras wi-fi on. Connect to that wi-fi on my device. Input the default but specific to my camera password and it is accepted. Open up the app. Manually connect to the camera as my camera doesn't have bluetooth, input the SSID and password perfectly. I always get cannot connect to camera type messages.

I pulled the card out and ran it through the PC. Updated the firmware to 1.008 and now I get a 'no rear camera' voice message when powering the camera on. The rear camera is powered and the cable is not damaged in anyway.

Anyone got any advice?
I encounter exactly same issue.... any advise?

Try a firmware reflash again

Re-download the smartphone app

Try connecting in airplane mode with Wifi on instead

Back