BlackVue / Cellink Neo6 Battery protection.

Jwadd215

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice.

I currently have a BlackVue DR970X 2CH camera linked to a Cellink Neo 6 battery for parking mode.

100% battery estimates 14 hours use in parking mode, I’m currently averaging 6 with motion activation.

At the time of writing this my battery 6 hours later has dropped from 100% to 57% and the camera has shutdown, the battery is showing 11.8V.

The camera only allows parking mode with battery protection on, the lowest you can set it to is 11.8V and turning this protection off deactivates parking mode completely on this model.

So although I have enough battery the battery protection is restricting the time, has anyone else had this issue and know of any workarounds?

It appears the output voltage is up and down, I’ve had 17% battery left and it’s still had an output of 12.1V.

Thanks,
James

Attachments

• IMG_3173.png
    IMG_3173.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3162.png
    IMG_3162.png
    535.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3174.png
    IMG_3174.png
    542.7 KB · Views: 2
I know this sounds crazy, but you may want to fully charge the battery to 100% and then run the camera in NORMAL RECORDING mode to see hour many hours of operation you get.
You'll want to disable all parking mode settings, and low voltage protection settings.
And you may want to use the CLA power cable instead of the hardwire cable.
This will give you a baseline to show how much parking mode reduces power consumption.
-Chuck

In the "Recording Mode > Parking Mode Recording" section of the settings for the DR970X is the "Battery Protection" group of settings. You must turn on "Battery Protection" to have parking mode work, but you can set the "Low Voltage Cut-Off' setting to "Off" which will stop the DR970X from monitoring the input voltage level. Since you're powering it by a dash camera battery pack, you should be able to safely turn off the "Low Voltage Cut-Off" setting.

Here's a screenshot of those settings for my DR970X-2CH:

1689990100242.png 1689990242817.png

Back